Sharp LC-70LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-70LE

Hello, I want to help a friend with his tv. He has vertical lines in his Sharp aquos tv. Can someone tell me by seing the image if this could be a bad panel or else?

thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-70LE

looks like bad panel. open it up and disconnect one side of t-con that connects to the screen. then reconnect and do the other half. if it is panel, you will have a good pic with one of the sides connected but the opposing side will give you a distorted picture.
    WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

check your cable connections to all cards. I don't think its a panel but it depends on the history.... how did the tv get to its current state.... all of sudden, lightning/power surge, etc? my guess tcon or main board or cables between.

Comment

Might try flexing panel and see if it changes
        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, I did remove one side of t-con flex at a time and I did get a good half image but it had some horizontal lines in a 6 inch portion of the screen.

Comment

I just put good boards on one of these, it didnt turn on at all. Replaced boards only to find the asshole i got it from cracked it. You cant really tell bu looking at it when its off. So, ill sell you whatever board you think you want to try.

Comment

it is likely you have the "standard bad panel / tab bonds". Lots of posts on this forum. The tv can likely be saved by finding out which side is bad and removing the tabs on the bad side. Read thru the thread on these types of set.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                The tv can likely be saved by finding out which side is bad and removing
                That sounds just like when a Sharp has a bad LCD panel driver and has code 2-5.....

A tab bond fix, while harder, isn't a sacrifice like the shorted panel driver issue is.....

But, with that panel driver removal procedure in another thread, the tv was working like nothing happened.
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Ok , glad there is a fix for that. Can someone give me a link to find a tutorial to this fix please?

Comment

Working...
                  X