X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsuung Syncmaster 244T Power fault.

Hi guys,
    I hope you can shed some light on my problem:

my display went black several weeks ago. Green led was dead too.

So I've replaced all my capacitors with new rubycon caps (or at least I think they are, but I bought them on internet so not so sure).

After that, my monitor turned on immediatly, all perfect.

But now I can hear a very low humming (60 hz, I think) coming from what I think is a metallized film capacitor.

I'm absolutely sure the sound/vibration come from that component.

The capacitor is parallel to the 230v DC, right after the rectifier.

It can be a normal situation? I don't know if that hum was there before the fault, because I really never pay attention to it....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eolonano; 04-08-2017, 08:29 AM.

Re: Samsuung Syncmaster 244T Power fault.

Maybe a bad solder joint? commonly this kind of sound comes from coils/transformers if your new caps have a very different specs, it might cause weird issues (maybe related to the main cap).

Comment

I'm checking; I've measured the voltage on that film capacitor and I read 337 DC (????) and I read about 80 volt AC.

I theory in that part of the circuit the voltage has to be DC, because it's right after the rectifier.

It can be the rectifier? I don't really know much about switching power source unit; this AC voltage can come from the 230AC not rectified properly, or it can bounce back from the DC to AC conversion?

Comment

Try to locate the schematic first.

Comment

Working...
        X