Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LH70BVPLBF/ZA samsung 700DX2 power issue

More pictures please.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

As far as a kit i realize I'm on my own with it. There is actually a ton of room on this thing inside the casing to hide a power supply, a power supply of which based on my math will need to be 12v and at least 10 amps for the length as far as I'm reading I'll need at least 10 meters of led tape which is about 600 led's, and laid out horizontally I should only need 6 pieces at most. the tape I'm going to use has 5050 led's and from what I read I should use is coolest white possible, please correct me if I'm wrong about my choices and if my math is off. I do realize 10 amps might be pretty hard to find off the existing power boards to tap which is why I'm considering a separate power source, however I'm wondering how I could tap it in to be switched on when the monitor gets turned on.

And as far as pictures I'm in the gluing the middle LCD panel supports back on that broke off from being brittle so there's not really much to take pictures of at the moment.

Thanks for all the help guys it's really appreciated, my total cost involved so far is really only 20$, new ccfls would be 45$ for 10 through aliexpress and they've all got just about their life out of them. I could do the 10 but I can almost guarantee I'll be changing more out sooner than I'd like, it's a project that I'd like to just be able to put it on a wall and leave it when done

Comment

Common LED strips aren't suitable replacements to convert a CCFL monitor as you might see bright spots in the image (each led) and chinese led strips aren't the most reliable option either.

Comment

I'm not really worried about hotspots in the pic, there's a ton of room to mess with positioning of the strips once they're all wired in now that the ccfls have been removed, my question is where can I find 12v at the needed 6Amps for this home made led "array". I bought a separate power supply for them just in case I couldn't find it but I'm not even worried about heat dissipation because the entire surround is aluminum so all the heat will be dispersed well, I'm more worried about safe operation and not having to do the hokey pokey to turn on the back light then the monitor, any ideas on what I would look for to wire the backlight into the on switch

Comment

http://m.ebay.com/itm/182472333357

This is what I bought to replace the ccfl's. 10 meters of the cool white 5050.

Comment

Working...
            X