Vertical coloured bands on Dell 2007 FPu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical coloured bands on Dell 2007 FPu

During the last months the monitor would start displaying vertical bands (of various colors) about 1 inch wide if used for longer periods (over 1 hour I'd say) . The bands/stripes would change color and size, somehow like a screensaver effect. But they always had substantial width and covered all screen.

If turned off it would revert to normal after half hour or so. Las night it wouldn't come back to normal, after shutting it off and letting it cool it will only display the screen for a brief moment then start doing the color stripes show

Sorry I don't have any pics but I opened up the monitor hoping for the obvious bad cap or something like that. No such luck. Every capacitor looks nice in fact there's no sign of component failure whatsoever.

What should I try/test for? Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Vertical coloured bands on Dell 2007 FPu

Clean LVDS cable with alcohol make sure connection is good it is hard to tell if your capacitors are good or not with out a ESR tester. It could be that a component is over heating on your mainboard or t-conn. send pictures of power supply both sides and mainboard. It could also be that your panel is dying of old age.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm also suspecting the overheating of a component since for months it would work flawlessly every day for over an hour then start behaving. I will take good resolution photos of all circuit boards and post them as soo as I get home.

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I somehow forgot that I no longer had a working display back home

Here are the photos, I also have much higher resolution available in case it makes any difference.
        Attached Files

Comment

My guess is your control board on you monitor is the problem maybe it's time for another monitor. unless someone else has a good thought.

Comment

I strongly suspect a failing electronical component, given the symptoms. It was quite obvious that something was failing only after the whole thing heated up well.
            From what I read, I don't think that a failing panel would act like that.

Comment

Anyone knows the measuring points for the tensions on this monitor's mainboard?

Comment

Originally posted by 1supertech View Post
                Clean LVDS cable with alcohol
                Well, after failing to get any other suggestion I used isopropyl alcohol, cotton sticks and an eraser to clean the LVDS plug. Then put everything together (except the bezel as that's a PITA to remove) and the display works flawless so far.

I'll let it heat up really well and report back if I encounter any problems.

Comment

Working...
                X