Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta PSU's, good quality, not centipede proof.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta PSU's, good quality, not centipede proof.

Just got done with the autopsy of the Emachines PSU that I got at the scrap yard. Cause of death: centipede got into the PSU somehow underneath the PCB (where there is freaking plastic glued) and managed to get right in between the leads of the 400v capacitor. I bet that made one hell of a boom considering the crater it left in the PCB.

Pictures to follow.

Re: Delta PSU's, good quality, not centipede proof.

Comment

LOL Fried!
      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

So after taking a closer look, cleaning the PCB of carbonized centipede (*shivers* those things give me the serious creeps) using some scrubbing bubbles followed up by some creative soldering and replacing the fuse, success!

The PSU is now working and is able to boot up the computer. Going to attempt to hook up the drives and do some stress testing to make sure everything is stable. If that works out I'm gonna restore the hard drive to factory default state then try and drop 8GB of memory in it and a Radeon 4650.

Still not for sure if it will be faster than my 5 year old Athlon 6400+ but it will be niiice to have Windows 7 Direct X 11.

Comment

Looks like you have some computer bugs
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

At least it was a centiputer and not a roachputer

Comment

I guess I'm lucky my country's climate is too cold for any dangerous insects.. unless you're allergic...

Comment

so you can now say its been debugged!
                i will take a centiputer,mouseputer,waspputer anyday over roaches.

Comment

Wow. that's impressive that you got that thing back up and running! And as usual, the soldering on that Delta looks pretty clean.

Comment

Ca. 2000 while working at Delta I examined a bunch of filed P/Ss from a customer complaining of a high failure rate. All had computer bugs, of the roach variety. They found the primary side less than pleasant. Backtracking with both the customer and the factory, turns out that all the failed P/Ss came from a single ccustomer ... who had had a roach infestation.
                    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

My HP 54501A (digitising scope) kept having A/D cal errors - turned out to be a dead moth on one of the ASICs!
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

My brother bought a Mercedes not too long ago and the factory amp for the radio did not work, was shoved into a spot just big enough for it in the trunk, and was all proprietary. Cost for a new one was $999. Opened it up to find a bumble bee had mysteriously lodged itself across many of the bus bars connecting from one board to another. Removal of the carcass and cleaning the area yielded success. Nice it was able to shut itself off (the failure light was on,) but how did a massive bumble bee get in a it's sealed case?

Comment

i have found roaches in instrument clusters and climate controls.
                          yes some folks are nasty enough to have roaches in the car!
                          had a buick riviera touchscreen crt in a while back that was packed with roaches.
                          the bugs were most of the problem.

Comment

I would assume that when they carry their roach infected luggage to your house that some roaches would get into the car. I just don't see how a roach infestation would be prolonged in Ohio.
                            sig files are for morons

Comment

I made the mistake of bringing a roachwave in my house. They were all dead that I could see, but sure as shit I had some start showing up a couple weeks later. Did some major cleaning, sprayed everything with bug spray, bombed the house, and got rid of them. Haven't seen one since.

Comment

Working...
                              X