Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Samsung 305T+ problems topic

Hello pro's,

My name is Ruben and I hope you guys can help me with my problem.
    I know there are many topics/problems with Samsung's 305T+ monitor, but I everywhere I look, I see different symptoms.

As I am not an expert, but I could understand some inner workings, I still can not tell if it's the power board, some single caps, the backlight or something totally different.

I made a video and some detailed photo's to show you the symptoms.
    Click for the youtube vid

These are the facts:
    - Monitor is 3+ years old. I bought it secondhand.
    - First symptom was flickering on white backgrounds (not too much, just a little).
    I think it's a bit visible in the video, but it might be just the "filming a display-thing" is.
    - Second symptom is a green wide line flickering only on certain colours tints.
    - Rarely, in a fraction of a second, I also see a horizontal line with the height of 1 pixel in red at a random place on the display.
    - Rarely, random 1 pixel red dots appear (blinking) on the screen at random places for a few seconds only, but much longer than the horizontal red line.

These last 2 facts are very rare, but it happens and it scares me. Lol.

My monitor is still working.
    It's been 2 months since the first symptom and 1 month since the second.
    These first and second symptoms have never been gone since they appeared.

I am hoping for a good advice in what to replace in my monitor to fix it.
    I think it might be still worth paying up to $250 for repairing costs, since it is a $1800 monitor and has cost me $700 when I bought it second hand.

I also saw the service that the badcaps.net owner is doing, but it's not clear to me if he does monitors too. I only saw motherboard repair services.

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Regards,
    Ruben
    Attached Files

Re: Another Samsung 305T+ problems topic

It would seem that a lot of the video problems associated with your monitor are tied to the Altera chip on the controller board. This chip run hot and over time causes the chip to separate form the board. If you do a search on this site for the Samsung 305T, you'll see what I mean.

Comment

Hi - Welcome to the forum -really you need to follow this thread, which you have probably read.:https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=305T.
      Not sure about Pro's - we cant really tell a lot from the outside.
      Does it get better/worse on different resolutions/ brightness/contrast/refresh rate.
      Tried factory reset?
      Some of the faults could be the ribbon cable from the main board to the panel needs reseating. Is it on vga - can you use dvi - is it any different. Reseat cable whichever.
      Have you tried it on another pc?
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
        It would seem that a lot of the video problems associated with your monitor are tied to the Altera chip on the controller board. This chip run hot and over time causes the chip to separate form the board. If you do a search on this site for the Samsung 305T, you'll see what I mean.
        I found what you mean. This might be the problem indeed. Thanks jetadm!

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
        Hi - Welcome to the forum -really you need to follow this thread, which you have probably read.:https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=305T.
        Not sure about Pro's - we cant really tell a lot from the outside.
        Does it get better/worse on different resolutions/ brightness/contrast/refresh rate.
        Tried factory reset?
        Some of the faults could be the ribbon cable from the main board to the panel needs reseating. Is it on vga - can you use dvi - is it any different. Reseat cable whichever.
        Have you tried it on another pc?
        On another pc it does the same. And it doesn't get better/worse with different resolution, brightness, refresh rate.

How do I do a factory reset on this monitor? This monitor doesn't have a built-in control panel. You can only adjust the brightness. (Brightness buttons + power button are the only buttons this monitor has, as far as I am concerned.)

It's not the cable either, I changed the DVI cable to another DVI cable already. VGA won't work. You need dual-link DVI to support the huge 2560x1600 resolution anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X