Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2709w No power

I have taken some photos:

However, I don't see anything wrong (visually).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 12-12-2014, 04:06 AM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded

Comment

Great - can you edit your post and take them off - post on the forum using manage attachments so they dont drop off and to save them being loaded every time we look at the thread. - Thanks
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I know I'm a newcomer, but I do have a request.

Has anyone decoded the I2C lines and controls for the monitor?

I have 4 of these that will be in a location where the bezels are not accessible. I'd like to write some code for an arduino or some other micro to control the monitor externally, but I don't have a scope that does I2C capture.

The way I see it, there could be two different command sets.

1) Where the buttons are hard mapped and the mainboard only receives 5 different commands (one per button)

2) Where the buttons are soft mapped to an encoded menu map on the button board, and only the actual menu commands are sent to the mainboard.

The first option would make for a cheaper bezel and I would hope Dell would have chosen to go that way. Can anyone confirm my hypotheses?

Comment

Hello guys!

I have two 2709W. One of them failed. The issue is in power board 4H.0GY02.A00 (I discovered this experimental).

Is there any way to get '4H.0GY02.A00' from somewhere?
          I tried ebay, aliexpress. Only taobao has one but I was late with it .

(I'm in Russia, Moscow).

Comment

What is the issue with the power board? You may be able to just recap it.

Comment

Originally posted by petasis View Post
              Hi all,
              I also have an 2709W monitor, which also stopped (gradually) working
              Did you have any success in repairing it? My monitor - 2809W, RV01 - started to fail, to the point that no image is shown on the screen - not even the menu. The sensor panel works and responds just fine - I can power off/on the monitor.

I give it a try and took the monitor to a repair shop, but the didn't noticed any fault and they even put the menu panel backwards. So this was definetely not a success

So I've installed a fan, on the metal case which protects the circuit boards - for cooling purpose. It worked an entire day. But after few hours of standby - during the night, in the morning, the LCD screen is not responding. I notice an attempt to start, but in the end it fails - black screen. So the "stress" was present, while standbying.

Now I'm thinking that the fault might be in the main power board. I've inspected the capacitors on the boards - none of them looked suspicious.
              Attached Files

Comment

I've made several photos with a part which looks weird - 1203P60 - the 8 pin part. One has no writings on it ( IMG_5555 - IC651 ). Could it be burned out?

These could be one of the reason my LCD screen fails and goes black?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Temelie; 02-08-2015, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Follow-up: It seems that overheating is not the issue. LCD fails to start but after several attempts you get it working. At the beginning only the screen fails, the menu responds just fine. After you get it up&running everything is fine - no blackouts.

So the temporary solution for now is to plug/unplug the power cord, until you get the screen working. Obviously I deal with a faulty electronic part, but it wasn't identified after the visual inspection. Not yet

An alternative solution would be to leave the monitor always on - picture on or standby.

Comment

hi folks. I have this monitor broken because of a storm. I have detected the Q601 shorted (the K3679) and the R603 completely destroyed. I'm trying to find the transistor (not easy yet), but my main problem is that I can't read de value of the Resistence, even in the pictures posted in this thread.

Please, can anyone help me with this issue?

I'm not sure, of course, that changing this two components the monitor is going to be ok, but that is my first step I thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sergiobajo View Post
                      hi folks. I have this monitor broken because of a storm. I have detected the Q601 shorted (the K3679) and the R603 completely destroyed. I'm trying to find the transistor (not easy yet), but my main problem is that I can't read de value of the Resistence, even in the pictures posted in this thread.

Please, can anyone help me with this issue?

I'm not sure, of course, that changing this two components the monitor is going to be ok, but that is my first step I thing.
                      R603 is Brown/Black/Orange/Gold 10k Ohms 5%
                      Check also IC651 and D651 and also R699 and R670. I obtained an identical monitor damaged after a power surge with this damage

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                        R603 is Brown/Black/Orange/Gold 10k Ohms 5%
                        Check also IC651 and D651 and also R699 and R670. I obtained an identical monitor damaged after a power surge with this damage
                        thank you for this information diif. I will check what you say. Now I am trying to find the damaged transistor. Not easy directly in electronic shops yet here in Madrid.

Comment

Mine came from eBay.

Comment

2sk3679? get a datasheet and find an equiv part.

Comment

Q601 on my monitor was fine. It was IC601i replaced as well as the other components i listed above.

Comment

I have same problem as Neill or Temelie. I have to unplug it for few minutes so all the capacitors discharge, then I plug it in and the blue LED turns on but the monitor is dead. I then unplug power until the blue LED turns off then I quickly connect power back and the monitors turns on! So now i don't know in which board is the problem?

Comment

Hello friendly people of the badcaps forum!

So this is what is wrong with my monitor:

It powers on and I can hear the beeps from the onscreen menu however the menu isn't displayed. The backlight does turn on. So the problem seemed to be in the t-con board. I opened it up to find the broken part and there it was, a burnt diode. I tried finding a diagram to find out what part it was without success so I took a shot in the dark and tried to replace it with a HSMS-286E without success.

I have included pictures of the board and you can see which part failed.
                                  When I removed the part after I attempted to fix it i accidentally tore off the solder pads

Does anyone still have this board available and is willing to send it? Otherwise I'll have to nose around the fleabays
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ytsoc View Post
                                    Back with good news.
                                    Thanks to Neil who sent me his board so i can copy that eeprom, i got my monitor up and running again.

Bonus i managed to fix his board too by reflowing the same bga chip.
                                    Hi, my monitor got into the same state as yours - power switch is on (blue), it is detected by pc but it is completely unresponsive and cannot be turned off.

Is there a way how to fix it for a complete newbie like me?

Comment

Originally posted by petu View Post
                                      Hello guys!

I have two 2709W. One of them failed. The issue is in power board 4H.0GY02.A00 (I discovered this experimental).

Is there any way to get '4H.0GY02.A00' from somewhere?
                                      I tried ebay, aliexpress. Only taobao has one but I was late with it .

(I'm in Russia, Moscow).
                                      I have found this link: http://www.yoycart.com/Product/520180503582/#

I have not been able to repair my board and I am thinking about buying a new one in this web site. This is the first time I see yoycart.com. Any experience or any other suggestion to buy the 4h.0gy02.a00 board?

Comment

Thanks to everyone especially Per Hansson for providing very useful information.
                                        My 2709W just gave up on me last night while swapping power outlets on the wall (spark at connector). Now the monitor is stuck with a Blue LED power button, cant turn on or off just stays blue and screen is total blank.
                                        I suspect is been a long time slow failure as i have witnessed random 1-second powerouts on my screen every couple months.

I have just ordered the following parts on eBay before i even pull apart the screen to get a head start;
                                        IC651 / L6561
                                        IC601 / 1203P60
                                        Q601 / K3679 (2SK3679)

i will check the Caps and Resistors too when i pull apart then purchase locally if need be.
                                        Fingers Crossed !!!

Comment

hi to all,

good thread and thanks for many ideas how to fix this monitor.

i've own 2 of them and one was faulty. the fault was similar to some described here. it's started with picture distortions once and then, quite rarely to spot. it's slightly similar to degauss function in old CRT type monitors when display shatters or ghost picture artifacts. that usually start after some period of constant work ~1-2h sometimes 4h. it also does happen that it hang on standby and was not able to start, the power button was blue but not responding the only cure was to unplug from power.

forgot to mention there were sight of earlier repairs as i bought it second hand. the panel lid time in service menu says some small value compared to similarly aged unit i own. i suppose it had backlight replaced.

i've started with taking it to the professional service but it give up early. the check of voltages around power and video processing boards does not traces anything unusual.

then i took it to friend for reheating of SoC at 350C. it helped for week or 2 but problem returned. rarely than before but still disturbing.

the second attempt was to add laptop cpu fan at SoC heatsink. i've placed it so that it lays via some heat conductive rubber on top of lower heatsink and lean on the edge of second heatsink. the output air flow is directed toward this second heatsink. forgive me but i don't remember which one is main SoC, the lower or higher one. perhaps higher so air is going via it. off course fan is connected to some 5v found on board. it is hearable but hard to notice in work envinronment. i've tried 3.3V supply but rpm was too little i think.

and this was it! no any problem return after fan mounting. it'a already like 2 months and works without any problems.

hope this helps someone!

regards
                                          piotr

Comment

Working...
                                          X