I-Inc IF281D Hissing/crackling sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-Inc IF281D Hissing/crackling sound

The Monitor/TV fires up fine and has an excellent picture. After a minute or so there's a hissing/crackling sound coming from the back of the unit near the power switch. Anyone with a quick word of advice what I should look at once I take this thing apart? This year aolne I've repaired over 50 LCD Monitors and a dozen or so motherboards with strong advice and experience featured in your forums.

Re: I-Inc IF281D Hissing/crackling sound

Burn marks - fuse loose in holder- switch it on with the back off should give a better idea.
    Wear goggles !
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks! I'll respond once I've tried your suggestions.

Comment

I removed the back cover and I've had this on now for over 10 minutes with no sign of the previous hissing/crackling sound. The only other thing I did was remove a piece of Nylon tape covered by a piece of Aluminum tape from over the inverter board since that's where the sound appeared to be coming from. The bottom side of the nylon tape has brown spots, some with white marks in the center and cracks in the dried glue on the tape over where the high voltage transformers on the inverter board are located. Is it possible the the transformers were arcing or cooking the dried glue on the bottom of the tape? Is it safe to run this monitor/tv without the tape over the inverter board or is there another option I can install that won't create the same problem?

Comment

There is lots of information on this monitor on this site, search i-inc
          I would check for poor connections in the inverter section around the transformers, and f.e.t's
          also post some good quality pictures of the power/inverter board, (both sides)
          Last edited by R_J; 11-11-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

It's been running now for 5 and 1/2 hours with none of the sounds it exhibited before and the picture remains perfect. I'm going to try using a piece of Mylar Film over the connectors and transformer, taped down further away from the heat source.

Comment

Sounds like the tape\glue may have gone conductive.
              "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
              -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
              X