LG W2234S Repair Help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG W2234S Repair Help...

I flashed the 128kB file (had to desolder to program) amd the screen now turns on, but the edid is wrong (appears as unknown display to the computer), the menu buttons don't work just the power button. The first time when I turned it on it kept cycling the primary colors. After a soft reset it displays the LG logo and then the usual floating rectangle saying check signal cable, the time and "inl22w tco03". I think this is either an eeprom problem (maybe I need to erase it to be reset by the microcontroller) or it is the wrong firmware file. I have the w2234s-BN model I think there is an -SN version too.
    Originally posted by krisztian_andre View Post
    I'm having a nice conversation with myself here, but here's a 128kB file I found: http://www.ebastlirna.cz/modules.php...nload&id=23916

Comment

Hi all. I'm near mars... I havo no components.
      Just some resistors, few wires and a serial port connector.

How I can rewrite the MX25L1005 with the pinout of serial port connector on the motherboard?

Any help is appreciated

Comment

Just to advice. I ordered 2pcs of MX25L1005 (1MB) programmed for W2234S.
        Still no one of those monitors will works, no blue led, no sign of life. It seems the IC are no programmed, because with another logic board (of my 3th W2234S) every panels work well.

Ebay seller Monitor-09 said me that he can send the firmware via email, but I haven't any programmer, otherwise I'll tried to solving this problem myself.

This way, has been loose of time and money, for my case.

Comment

You should have some signs of life on the power supply even with no logic board.?
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

With the working logic board, every panels work good with its own build-in power supply. So it's not a power supply issue. It's really the IC with the firmware corrupted.
            I was hope to solve problem with the programmed IC supplied by monitor-09, but no. May be monitor-09 sent me a non programmed IC, or maybe I damage something during unsoldering/soldering operations. I cheked carefully under lens but it seems all right, both two logic boards.

Comment

ok what about getting one of these and the file from your ebay man.
              http://www.ebay.ca/itm/EN25T80-Progr.../171122644445?

pm krisztian and ask if he got it sorted - maybe he will sell you his programmer if he still has it.
              save the long wait from china
              Last edited by selldoor; 11-07-2014, 09:21 AM.
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Originally posted by max001 View Post
                I was hope to solve problem with the programmed IC supplied by monitor-09, but no. May be monitor-09 sent me a non programmed IC, or maybe I damage something during unsoldering/soldering operations.
                I repaired this monitor 2 years ago and bought my IC from monitor-09 which worked fine. I originally bought the IC from another seller and while their auction says it was programmed with firmware, it was blank when I received it.

The monitor has sat in my basement unused for the last 2 years because of all the monitors I have fixed it has the worst color/contrast making it usable for me. Perhaps the firmware isn't 100% compatible, but no matter how much I tried changing the settings, I couldn't find one to make me happy and my standards are pretty low.

In addition, when working with this monitor, note that the power supply does not discharge itself. You must discharge it before working on it.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Buy a programmer, wait a month, re-unsolder, program the IC, re-solder and the risk of non-successful operation still rest... maybe its more convenient buy directly new or tested logic board from china, and when it come I'm sure it will work without problems, just connecting the cables.

Comment

Ok, well whatever you decide please let us know how it went.

Comment

Hello guys, I ordered 2 logic board time ago for 12usd and they work.

Just now I begin to use these 3 identical monitors with eyefinity as I had planning.
                      This model default colors tone seems a little bit "old", but with a manual setting it's possible set the tone as in the actual on market. Of course the cfl lamp can't perform the brillance like leds but however... I have a little problem with the 2 monitors I replaced the logic board. They don't go in stand-by when the PC shut-off, so I need to remember every time to push the on/off button. And this is not a good thing.

I see the firmware is 1.3.
                      Instead, the monitor never broken, with 1.4 firmware, will shut-off as normal.
                      Some suggestion to fix it?

Comment

Hi , this will be my first post since I joined Bad Caps. So hello to everyone out there for starters.After reading many posts I've managed repair a lg 2334 monitor , and two samsung tvs. Thanks to all the people for there advice and experience, it was a great help. I still have 4 more tvs and counting to repair, so I will be reading a lot more posts, and may even ask a stupid question or two a long the line. Thanks again Frank.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have now reprogrammed that chip several times and it always gets corrupted again after a few hours of using the monitor.
                          I already replaced some of the caps on the PSU (but not all).

What would you recommend? What could be causing the flash chip to get corrupted?
                          Replace all caps on the PSU?
                          Could it be caused by the crystal on the logic board?
                          Could this be a software bug?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X