Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wacom Cintiq Troubleshooting: Backlight on, recognizes signal, no image, 1 bad MOSFET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wacom Cintiq Troubleshooting: Backlight on, recognizes signal, no image, 1 bad MOSFET

Hello all,

I am tinkering with a Wacom Cintiq dtz/2100, which is both a monitor and digitizer combined in one device. I purchased it "for parts" non-working for a project.

This monitor uses an external 12v 6.3A power brick. I do not have access to the brick that was used on it when it failed, so can't determine if that was the cause of its failure.

When I power it on the backlight turns on properly when a signal is sent to it and the indicator lights light but there is no image. Using the buttons to navigate the monitor settings also show no image, so it's not just an issue with the signal cable.

On inspection of the main power distribution video input board there is a burned out MOSFET, which I was able to identify and order a replacement (I have 5) for. I'm pretty new to this kind of troubleshooting so am wondering what else I should test or try before replacing the MOSFET and trying to power it up. Do I need to test the caps? What are the most likely causes for this kind of burnout?

I do not currently own an ESR meter but would be open to buying one. The caps on the top of the board seem to have some kind of plastic attachment on the bottom so I don't think they're bulging though they look like they are in the photo. The power into this board is 12V from the brick and this distributes power to the other components. One smaller capacitor on the board is a Taicon, all the rest don't seem to have a brand marked but all look consistent with each other. High-res images attached.
    Attached Files
Working...
X