ILO PDP4210ea1 unstable Buffer Voltage from Ysus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ILO PDP4210ea1 unstable Buffer Voltage from Ysus

I used two 0.1uf 630V caps to substitute the MLCC caps, and now the TV runs for 5 seconds with the Zsus buzzing loudly, then it shuts off.

DO I need to add more caps, or just get another board?

Comment

Were the original caps actually short or didn't you test after removing them?

IF those go short--They usually self-destruct and leave huge evidence in their wake!
      --IF they looked normal--They were prob OK and possibly the 'S/C' reading was because they are mounted across an inductor--or several!

So--IF the caps LOOK Normal Chances are--They ARE normal.

Wouldnt waste any dosh on an old EDTV 480p 'V7! Ive one in work, cant be bothered with, as no one will buy a set with no DTV or HDMI--Damned thing works too....
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

I measured once I removed them, no more short!

Some of the SMD MLCC caps varied in color from light grey to almost black, obvious signs of heat damage, the picture isn't clear enough to see the difference in color, sorry.

I have a feeling the IPM is blown open and that is why I don't detect a short in that chip. Failed I just find it weird that it didn't shut the TV off with the shorted caps in place. It could be possible that I used too much capacitance, and the IPM is still good, I am taking a shot in the dark, I may just get another Z-Sus board, this is not my TV, or I would have parted it out.

Comment

I just compared it to another 50" LG Z-Sus board, and the parallel rows of MLCC caps are shorted too.........

I wonder if those are really SMD inductors I have mistaken for caps......

They are labeled with a "B" prefix like B10, B11, etc.

I am usually good with Plasma TV, but this is a real stumper. I am probably frustrated out of desperation. I'm starting to wonder if the screen is bad again...........

Regardless, I am still learning, and will keep learning. I want to know what this is, so if another TV crosses my path, I will recognize the problem before spending hours on it trying to figure it out.
          Last edited by ZnsaneRyder; 04-06-2016, 01:28 PM.

Comment

In the picture you have above showing the back of the tv off, aren't the y buffer boards are installed upside down?

Comment

Working...
            X