LG 60PX950 No video...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 60PX950 No video...

It should be soldered. Can you still see the solder pads on the board?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes, and the piece has two wires coming out of it... Like it wasn't soldered well or at all...

Comment

I've had them break off on my boards that I don't store properly. I would suggest you solder it back on. Given the rarity of the board I don't think you can really return it but you might be able to get a discount/part refund.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I fixed the cap, and the TV has been working fine until this week. Now it will lock up occasionally and restart on it's own, image freezes and it has to be turned off, or it will start artifacting like crazy.

If I turn it off and back on, sometimes it does what it was doing previously, not display anything on the screen. However if I leave it turned off long enough it will start working again (displaying an image).

Any thoughts at this point? Could it be another component is affecting this main board at this point and causing it to fail? Perhaps bad voltages from the power supply or something else?

Thanks.

Comment

If possible, perform the Ext Auto Gen test for a few hours and observe that the TV does not freeze or lock up (just check occasionally.)
            Some sellers don't thoroughly check their boards, so this might be a good time to use any warranty they offer before it expires.

Comment

I'm having a similar problem. My 60px950 hdmi inputs stopped working, but the rest of the inputs work such as the USB for the wireless card, the RGA and red white and yellow component cable, but none of the hdmi ports.

Do I have to replace the entire input board or is there a capacitor or something that went bad on the board itself that would knock out the hdmi ports?

I just know enough to get my ass kicked about this stuff, so please go easy on me.

Comment

I've had the LG 60PX950 for around 5 years now and for the past 6 months, I've had two issues. The first one that came up was that all digital inputs (hdmi) stopped working and the tv kept displaying the no signal icon on all the hdmi inputs. The second issue that came up afterwards was the screen only working intermittently. The screen would only work for about 5 minutes at a time before it went completely black. In the past week, I managed to find a replacement main board on ebay. Just last night, I swapped out the main board with the one I got on ebay and the hdmi ports began working again, however, I still had an issue with the display only working intermittently. Since my dad always thought heat was the issue, we decided to blow a fan on just the ZSUS board and the display worked without any issues leading us to believe that there was some sort of heat issue with the ZSUS board. I just ordered a ZSUS board online and will install as soon as I get it and hopefully, the $2,000 tv will return back to working condition! If not, I might need some feedback as to what else could possibly be wrong :/

Comment

So I've replaced the main board and the ZSUS board and at this point the tv still doesn't want to work like normal. However, the screen starts working again every time I press the small black reset button on the small board to the left of the large main board. Should I replace the board with the small black button on it or the one to the left of that board? And advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Resolvi meu problema conforme a explicação anterior. Agradecido aos amigos do fórum.

Comment

It's a capacitor and it should be easy enough to solder the two tab legs back onto the pads. Just make sure you have it the correct way round.
                      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumps View Post
                        I'm having a similar problem. My 60px950 hdmi inputs stopped working, but the rest of the inputs work such as the USB for the wireless card, the RGA and red white and yellow component cable, but none of the hdmi ports.

Do I have to replace the entire input board or is there a capacitor or something that went bad on the board itself that would knock out the hdmi ports?

I just know enough to get my ass kicked about this stuff, so please go easy on me.

Did you ever come up with a solution, Rumps? Mine is doing the exact same thing as yours did. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

~ kca

Comment

Working...
                        X