Emerson LC320EM9B on then off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerson LC320EM9B on then off

I have a Emerson LC320EM9B the standby light is red then I hit the power button the power light flashes 11 times then stays on green and I see the words "Digital Television" come on the screen for a second then goes out and the green power light goes out and the red standby light comes back on. I took the back off and no obvious bad caps I can see no burning or hot places I see so not sure where to check next. Ideas?? I uploaded what the boards look like.
    Attached Files

Re: Emerson LC320EM9B on then off

i don't know if it is the same problem but this was a thread i created for a sylvania 37" but you might be having the same problem because it is pretty much the same setup except mine has 7 inverters not 5 check it out and post if that was it. if not someone here could help troubleshoot it. but it is always good of you to take pics of the back of your tv with the cover off and single pics of all the boards so we can maybe see something you may have missed.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...light=sylvania
    Last edited by philliesfan30m; 02-06-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

No such luck. here are pictures of my actual boards.
      Attached Files

Comment

in the second pic what is the label on the 2 components above the 3 resistors in a row? wow that board got hot just like someone else that posted but never said what the fix was.

Comment

No lables but if you mean the place on the board is BC1931 and BC1932 that's also just a shadow from where the light was the board is not actually burnt.

Comment

oh ok it looks burnt. did you check anything at all? did you check that diode between the heatsink and the transformer?

Comment

Yes that is I guess a common leaky one but it checked ok, may replace it anyway.

Comment

what did it read?

Comment

540 one way and nothing the other.

Comment

i don't think that is the problem. for some reason it is telling it to go into protect mode i think.

Comment

did you test that mosfet on the heatsink by those 2 caps i asked about earlier?

Comment

not real sure on testing those does it need to be out of circuit?

Comment

it might also have a bad inverter. causing it to go into protect mode now that i think about it. take the board off and measure the resistance of the inverters. take a pic of the bottom of the board. maybe i bad inverter is causing it to go into protect mode. you should be able to tell by testing them and seeing if they are all the same then they are probably good but if 1 varies a lot then thats probably your problem.

Comment

scratch the part about the mosfet for now. you might even be able to test them without taking the board off if you can get your probes on the legs. but it would be better to see the bottom of the board to see how many pins it has etc.

Comment

took mosfet out of circuit and meter on diode black on middle leg and red on right leg gets 517 and nothing else in any other combination.

Comment

pic of bottom.
                                Attached Files

Comment

set meter to 2000ohms and test where the arrows are pointing 1 probe on 1 pin and red on other for all 5 of the inverter transformers and also check the 2 pins above that the same way for all 5.

Comment

just went through them all and read all the same then put board back it and used test bulb on each one and still shut off. I did hear a little squeal from the transformer for a few seconds.

Comment

see if you have any resistance between the primary and secondary sides of the inverters i was gonna have you do that next but you put the board back in.

Comment

did you happen to check the other transformer?

Comment

Working...
                                        X