Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Plasma TV LED blinking 12 times

Originally posted by EIEIO View Post
    FYI, a replacement P board was sent to me and my TV is now working again. Total cost of repair was $86 for the P board and a $50 testing charge on the A board that was originally thought to be the problem.

Thanks Badcaps forum!!
    Good to hear. Yes you can never assume a secondhand board is always going to be good.

Comment

Hi there guys. I am now having this same exact problem with my Panasonic Plasma TV and was wondering if you guys had the part number(s) for the P boards? I know they are different depending on TV model but it would at least put me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi I have a Panasonic TH-42px70b that sometimes works fine, picture and sound perfect, other times it can shut down and give the 12 blinks sound sos fault.
        The service manual points to the h board or p board.
        I have stripped the tv down and plugged in set and powered up and been on bench test for 8 hours or more with no problems whatsoever.
        Now got me thinking is it a heat problem that is causing set to shut down?
        Thermal fuse maybe on one of the transformers.
        Anyone else had this issue please or any other advice appreciated.
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

you could try using a hair dryer to heat one board a time for a few minutes and see if it goes off.

Comment

Thanks Vinceroger69
            Have tried heating boards and set switched off while around t401 a couple of times and gave 12 blinks, left cool a bit put back on again and working, now trying to heat again and won't switch off no matter how hot I get it lol, is there a thermal fuse in t401 that could possibly be causing this issue, have another model of tv with fans fitted to top rail, wondering if I can mount these in set, just where to power from

Comment

Maybe got so hot I have reflowed a bad joint lol

Comment

Working...
              X