Samsung 52" LCD Intermittent Vertical Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 52" LCD Intermittent Vertical Bar

In my opinion it's the panel. See if your upper tabs are darker on that side where the lines appear and if they are, then it's most likely the driver IC is bad in that(those) tabs.
    A guy on craigslist contacted me, and he was claiming that he can fix these tab issues, but he didn't mention how. It looks like it's possible, but we don't know how.
    Once I managed to put it together in a way that it worked perfectly and I let it run for a couple of hours, but then the lines came back.
    The only thing I would do, is to try another T-con board and if it's not working, then I would sell it to somebody else(maybe he is able to fix it). See if you can return the board in case that it's not working out. I was lucky with an Ebayer, don't remember his name but it was from Santa Clarita CA.
    Last edited by tibimakai; 07-26-2012, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I really don't wanna tear it apart down to the tabs, but flexing, tapping, hitting, pushing, nothing you can do changes the lines at all. I wanna see if I can find a T-Con locally but I'm running out of time. I need the TV out of here by the 30th. They change ramdomly. Sometimes it takes hours, but it's getting worse.

Comment

Hello! Sorry to jump in on someone else's thread, but I believe it might be valuable information. I had the same issue as Trips, around a 3" distorted or black bar on the far right of the left half of the screen which came in and out.

After replacing the suspected bad caps, which I've done before on another Samsung, the screen stayed exactly the same. After searching bad caps I ran into this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P_i-...e_gdata_player

After reseating the two ribbon cables coming out of the tcon, the problem went away completely and the image was perfect.

However, after putting the tv back together, while there is no vertical line problem, the image is now washed up and so bright that most menu text is unreadable. I've since reseated all of the cables and the display stays this way.

Any suggestions? Tv is a Samsung LN52A550P3FXZA. Haven't found any one else on this forum with a brightness contrast issue with a Samsung.

Originally posted by tripslipfall View Post
        Okay so here's a picture of the horizontal lines, you can see the multicolored bar, and here's a short video of what the bar does when it's acting up and showing that sometimes turning it off makes it work perfectly. I apologize for the bad quality and no audio, it's all I have at the moment but it gets the point across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWFKGI_Cqzk

Comment

Is this thread still going on. I just fixed TWO OF THESE TV'S with three exact same problem. It's the ribbons going into the LCD panel itself.. More specifically, it's the boards that connect to the ribbon cables. In one of them I simply put a ribbon cable on top of the original cable and it fixed it.. Dunno how. The second one I reseated the two boards.. Not sure you exists would call it a fix but I now have 2 52 inch TVs for $160..
          Craigslist Picks & Fixes

2 ea - Samsung 52"
          Samsung 60"

Comment

Working...
          X