resale value nosedived .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: resale value nosedived .

I really haven't had a hard time selling the sets I have repaired.
    I also list my repaired sets on craiglist and I sell to my family.
    since im Mexican word gets around to my other Hispanic friends and family that I repair tvs.
    So their cheap asses don't want to pay retail so they come to me.

most of the tvs I sold where actually bought for kids going to college

plus I try to buy used /repairable sets for under $50 bucks so at least I can make a $50 profit
    Last edited by jose6326; 07-18-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jose6326 View Post
      So their cheap asses don't want to pay retail so they come to me.
      HA,I get that too.....I had one friend get pissed with me,cause I offered a 50" smart TV for $200 to him,as a friend price so I thought,and he replied with "I know you get them for free and it barely cost you anything to replace a stupd resitor or what not and you try to rip me off for $200"......

My responds was" then find your own broken TV for free,and fix that resistor or what not yourself"
      That made him shut up,lol....I did refuse to sell him a tv after that...
      Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

I've had "friends" like that too. And when it's them, they want full price. IMHO, those are not friends. For that very reason, I don't even let friends know when I have TVs for sale. I prefer to deal with strangers.
        ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

I agree, they show how much of a friend they really are.
          I do sell to family, my inlaws I gave 1 year old 47" smart tv for free as they had some bad luck and couldn't afford anything decent. I don't mind, I do this for a hobby.
          Dealing with strangers is best as you can just get full price without having to feel guilty.
          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

well my family knows I get these sets for free or really cheap.
            and they know I am not going to sell these for what I paid for them

plus at times I tell them I paid way more in parts to fix the tv then I actually did so it all works out

Comment

Friends like that aren't allowed to be my friends anymore. I have zero tolerance for people who think that everything in life is free. The funny part is that I have given stuff away before and cut extremely cheap deals for friends. People who know me know enough to just take whatever price I give them because i'm usually honest and straightforward when it comes to that. I've actually been hoarding some lcd tvs with no digital tuners and stuff to make a package for charity. They can still be used with digital converter boxes or on satellite and make good sets for just using with a dvd player but I try not to sell it unless it has a digital tuner.

Comment

Originally posted by Dang View Post
                I'd soak test it for at least a week, if it doesn't falter again then it should be good to go, if it does show then no embarrassment on your part.
                I'm glad I listened to you. Dang thing only lasted 3 days of cycling it on and off every couple hours. Well, I'll get my money back on the parts.

Comment

This is why I am reluctant to sell TVs with tab bond issues - there are many cases where they just do not last. The only good exceptions I have found are 26" Chimei & 42" AUO FHD panels. Samsung 40" and 46" ones = rarely reliably repairable. Just my experience.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I've just fixed a Sony KDL-40W2000 with a tab bond issue just on the edge of the screen, furthest out, I tucked a small amount of a thermal pad under the tab right beside the screen for support and then a small 4mm square piece on top at that very end, seemed to cure it and now my mother has it so hopefully it will last for her, seemed stable will testing.

Three days.., you could try doing it again untill you find a good stable position, I took a Sony V3000 apart eight or so times before I found a good stable fix, I actually raised the drive board up about 5 mm by tucking some thermal pad material under it and then gently screwing it down again, so worth a try again at the least, good luck.

Comment

Too late, it's stripped and photographed already. It'll be on eBay tonight.

Comment

I'm finding it real difficult to sell plasmas now. LCDs go quick. But when I offer plasmas, everyone says they're not as good as LED TVs. Well, in almost every way they are. Colour, brightness (for older models), contrast and motion are all superior. Maybe use a little more power but that's not a problem for most.
                        Last edited by tom66; 07-31-2014, 12:35 PM.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have a plasma right now that I can't get rid of. 42 inch RCA. Is $175 too much to ask?

Comment

Wow, that is cheap, I would ask for £160 here for a 42" 720p, about $270USD.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                              Wow, that is cheap, I would ask for £160 here for a 42" 720p, about $270USD.
                              and thats WITHOUT freeview/dvb....
                              fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
                              please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

I usually don't sell TVs without Freeview, too hard to sell. Trying to shift a 42" 1080p Panasonic plasma but no one's biting at £200. Keep asking if it's an LED TV... Ugh.

Comment

What's freeview?

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                                    What's freeview?
                                    its a kind of free in built cable tv kinda thing,its digital tv,as here there is no analog signal,it was turned off to go digital,either through a set top box in built in freeview
                                    Last edited by multimeter; 07-31-2014, 03:25 PM.
                                    fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
                                    please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Similar to the US ATSC system, but marginally better. You get a good selection of BBC channels, a couple of others, and the rest is mostly rubbish shopping channels.

Comment

Oh, we did that here too. No analog since 2009 I think.

Comment

It's a crazy world with the plasmas. I stopped dealing with them because of it. I actually only take LCD sets from the recycling place I deal with. It's funny because the guy actually asked me again about taking plasma tvs, I guess they get backed up with them pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                          X