Strange Dell D630 battery issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Dell D630 battery issue

Bought 2 replacement Dell D620 / D630 batterys from eBay recently.

They're aftermarket and didn't fit in the slot properly, but did go in with a bit of prying.

One went in and all seemed fine, but I came to the machine after leaving it overnight and it was displaying 5 orange flashes and 1 green indicating battery failiure. This was about to be sold so I popped in the second battery I received and sent it off - it hasn't come back to me as faulty yet.

I got the seller to send me a replacement for the first one, it arrived yesterday, and sure enough after a few hours of charging it flashes up with 5 orange flashes. The indicator light on both batteries is dead.

What do you think caused this?

Re: Strange Dell D630 battery issue

Looks like they're selling crap.

Comment

I'd agree with that - bugger though as the genuine ones are way too dear for a refurbishment of this price tier. Anyone have a used battery that holds an hour charge in the UK knocking about?

Comment

Yes, the generic batteries suck. Anker batteries seem to be okay, but I don't know how long they will last compared to the original battery from the laptop manufacturer. I don't know if you can get those, but they are the only replacement battery brand I've seen that claims to use good quality cells.
        Last edited by lti; 06-08-2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I know. So we take our chances and keep our fingers crossed. An alternative is rebuilding the batteries from new cells.
          Last edited by SteveNielsen; 06-08-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

i rebuild battery's i want from cells out of battery's from laptops i scrap.

i have a spare D630 pack btw, but i think it only runs for about 10min's so it's pretty much scrap.

Comment

stj stick the battery in the freezer overnight in a bag.

Comment

Working...
              X