Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillips 19s1

Hello All,

I'm currently working on a Phillips 19s1 monitor. When I first got it on my bench,
    it had a fault after the Phillips splash screen it would go out (turn off). And then I changed all but the big cap with Panasonic FM,FC. Now it comes on and I can't shut it down with its power switch? I suspect that I might need to change the caps on the logic card next. They're Elite after all. Does anyone on the forum have any ideas or direction to go before the caps get changed?

Thanks For Now,
    lcdman
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lcdman; 07-08-2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: forgot photos oops!

Re: Phillips 19s1

Originally posted by lcdman View Post
    Does anyone on the forum have any ideas or direction to go before the caps get changed?
    I would check the button panel first to make sure the voltage changes when you press the on/off button or that the plastic "extender" isn't broken.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hello To The Masses,

Retiredcaps, when you say "I would check the button panel first to make sure the voltage changes when you press the on/off button or that the plastic "extender" isn't broken." I tried depressing the power switch right on without it being in the bezel. No change to the monitor (it stayed on). How would I test for voltage changes? Could you be more descriptive please?

Thanks For Your Assistance,
      lcdman

Comment

How would I test for voltage changes? Could you be more descriptive please?
        1) Get your multimeter out. Black probe on a ground screw. Put it on 20V DC if a manual range multimeter.

2) On my Benq on/off switch panel, there are 4 solder points to hold the on/off button to the pcb board (it is 11:17pm here so any photo of it would be useless due to the flash).

3) Put your red probe on each solder point, one at a time.

4) Now press the on/off button and see if the voltage changes.

5) On mine, one of the 4 reads 3.300V when the lcd is off. When I press the on/off button, it drops to 0.00V temporarily and then when the lcd is on, it goes up to 3.285V.

6) So above, the on/off switch is going from "high" (3.300) to "low" (0.00) to turn on the lcd. Your monitor may vary in this implementation.

7) A multimeter with a min/max function or analog bargraph might help.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hello & Thanks So Far Retiredcaps,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you and the forum. My power switch assy. has a coating on it so I don't know if I can perform the tests that you mentioned in your previous posts? I also tried another identical logic board and got the same results. When the monitor is first turned on it comes on and then goes off. If I unhook the power switch board and then reattach it comes on? I'm enclosing three photos of the board that i'm having trouble with.

Thanks As Always,
          lcdman
          Attached Files
          Last edited by lcdman; 07-11-2012, 02:26 PM. Reason: typing error

Comment

I also tried another identical logic board and got the same results.
            If you have an identical monitor, you can swap out the front panel "keyboard" and retest. You can also try swapping out the power supply as well.

Having identical monitors makes troubleshooting much faster and easier if you are willing to do process of elimination via board swapping.
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hello,

I've tried two identical power switches, no change. I didn't try another inverter board. Doesn't the logic board control on/off of the monitor? Any ideas on testing the power switch assy. thats got a clear cover over the buttons? Otherwise I'm going to move on to another project.

Take Care,
              lcdman

Comment

Doesn't the logic board control on/off of the monitor?
                Yes the logic board controls the on/off. It never hurts to eliminate the obvious too.

Any ideas on testing the power switch assy. thats got a clear cover over the buttons?
                Maybe you can test the voltage at the SMD resistors? Or switch the keyboard panel with the "good" one.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                X