Toshiba L50-A-158 corrupted bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba L50-A-158 corrupted bios

Thanks to toshibas fabulous bios update software i now have a bricked Toshiba L50-A-158, and I just repaired the PoS. After the atempted bios update to 1.9v the laptop is absolutely dead....When I try to open the bios image that i dumped from the laptop in UEFItool it says "invalid data cheksum". If someone knows how to repair the bios image, I would be very thankful. Or if someone has a link to a website that has a guide on how to do it, that would work too. The bios is EC+Bios combination. Thx
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba L50-A-158 corrupted bios

TOSHIBA SATELLITE L50-A-158 PSKK6E VG10S

try this pls
    Attached Files
    Im Back... sort of...

Comment

The bios image is not working, sadly....Any other ideas?

Comment

is there any other eeprom on board? in flash there is ME_FW but not placed in main bios
        im confused :/
        otherwise it should work
        Im Back... sort of...

Comment

There is a second 2mb flash with the ME_fw but this firmware should not inhibit any and all response from the EC.

Comment

ok, that is what i thought
            so ec bios must be inside main... well i think that this is only fixable with dump from working laptop, but i do not have it

we can try to update ME_FW in second flash if you post dump here
            they may be related
            Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Here is the ME_FW flash dump , take a look...

I will try to get the main dump from a working laptop...
              Attached Files

Comment

good luck
                Attached Files
                Im Back... sort of...

Comment

can you confirm me the motherboard model? it seems that there are two boards in this mode (L50-A-158)
                  i may given you wrong bios...
                  Im Back... sort of...

Comment

what is the motherboard munber ?

Comment

It is the VGSG MB rev 2.1 with the i7 processor and the GTX 740m graphics (pskk6e-011006s4)

model number: H000053270 69N0C3M33B15

Comment

its so much easier when you have info

Toshiba Satellite L50-A-19N VGSG

dump from working bios
                        both eproms
                        Attached Files
                        Im Back... sort of...

Comment

After flashing both of the BIOS flashes with the obove provided dump, the toshiba is working again...Thank You ALA BORBE!

Comment

np, im glad to help
                            Im Back... sort of...

Comment

ala_borbe as usual your mighty bios always help ejjeje

Comment

I already send a private message with the above to tiebone but i am posting it here also in case somebody can help

Hello,my name is makis from greece.I am facing a similar problem as you had with a toshiba satellite L50-A-1D5
                                PSKK6E-03V05LGE with i7 cpu.
                                I took the update to win 10 and everything was working ok for a week.Suddenly one day i powered on and after the toshiba logo it asks me the hdd code (i had it enabled) and after that black screen.
                                I dont know if it made a bios update, but now i cant enter to bios with no way.I tried all the combinations,took batteries out,used combinations with fn,used another hdd nothing.I really believe it is the bios otherwise why it wont let me enter to bios.???
                                Could you please tell me how did you reflash the bios?i am not completely a noob.I would be gratefull if you help me.
                                Best wishes for a happy new year.
                                Last edited by tsakimak; 01-06-2016, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsakimak View Post
                                  I already send a private message with the above to tiebone but i am posting it here also in case somebody can help

Hello,my name is makis from greece.I am facing a similar problem as you had with a toshiba satellite L50-A-1D5
                                  PSKK6E-03V05LGE with i7 cpu.
                                  I took the update to win 10 and everything was working ok for a week.Suddenly one day i powered on and after the toshiba logo it asks me the hdd code (i had it enabled) and after that black screen.
                                  I dont know if it made a bios update, but now i cant enter to bios with no way.I tried all the combinations,took batteries out,used combinations with fn,used another hdd nothing.I really believe it is the bios otherwise why it wont let me enter to bios.???
                                  Could you please tell me how did you reflash the bios?i am not completely a noob.I would be gratefull if you help me.
                                  Best wishes for a happy new year.
                                  UNBELIEVABLE...!!!

I am George from Thessaloniki + Greece (same city and country) and i have the same problem exactly in the same laptop (Toshiba L50-A-1D5 http://www.toshiba.co.il/en/disconti...ite-l50-a-1d5/), after my update in Windows 10 in 20 days later...
                                  And the unbelievable for me, because i use also hdd password + fast boot in Windows 10 before !!

tsakimak as i read in other place, i think we should try these steps

Prepare an USB Stick Dos Formatted Fat32 and copy this file into then follow this Recovery Procedure : (I think called bios Recovery file but don't know where i can find it..)

- Performing the emergency flash:

- Shutdown the netbook (notebook)
                                  - Remove all peripheral devices
                                  - Remove battery, Remove AC power cord
                                  - Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds (battery and AC power still out), then release
                                  - Put the USB Memory Stick in the USB port
                                  - Hold "Fn" + "Esc" and plug the AC power cord in
                                  - Now press the power button (whilst still holding Fn + Esc).
                                  Wait until the fan will run, then release "Fn" + "Esc" keys
                                  - The fan will run for about 2-10 minutes and the USB drive activity LED will blink
                                  - I think the netbook rebooted automatically. If it doesn't, unplug the AC power cord once the fan has turned off

The bios should be updated with the modified or recovery BIOS, and boot as per normal.

In this way You are writing back your original Bios You posted here and check if Recovery Mode is working on your laptop !

If someone could help me and Maki..
                                  I will wish God bless him !!!

Also i had update the bios version from 1.60 to 1.90 before 1 month in my lapTop, but for one month was ok in all functions !!

Also i had read there https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49502 but if someone could help us and tell us something about steps we should follow, I will appreciate him so much !!!

Thanks a lot & happy new year !!
                                  Last edited by goback; 01-07-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

(Sorry Mr.Mods for my 2nd post together )

Please delete it.

Thanks
                                    Last edited by goback; 01-07-2016, 11:47 AM. Reason: Was wrong with my keyboards and my mouse

Comment

goback , usually our reflash is made with external programmer , we do unsolder bios and insert in a eeprom flasher to flash the bios with the files we do want .
                                      the overall problem here , is that you told many things , but (maybe its because its morning and still bit sleepy , but what is the problem ??? what do you want us to help you out ?

Comment

Thank a lot members highpulse and ala_borbe for helping me.. Now i understand what should to do exactly with eeprom programer and put out and back again the chip on motherboard..

THANKS A LOT !!

Your assistance was very useful & happy new year with my best wishes !!
                                        Last edited by goback; 01-08-2016, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X