Accoustic solutions LCD37761F1080P Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accoustic solutions LCD37761F1080P Problem

Hi, I have the above model 37 inch LCD screen I bought for my sister as faulty.
    The fault was that the screen displayed vertical lines accross the whole screen.
    I opened it and checked the voltages from the PSU and these all seem OK.

I assumed(perhaps wrongly) that this might be the T-Con board and took this out and reflowed it using a hot air reflow station. When re-installed the image tried to display (I could make out the station number but it was moving around like it was not synced properly) and the screen eventually faded to black and the backlight went off.

I left the board for a while unpowered and now I'm back to vertical lines (and the backlight lights again).

Does this sound like the T-Con?

I can attch pictures of all board if required.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

Re: Accoustic solutions LCD37761F1080P Problem

As it turns out the board is an LVDS board rather than a tcon board that I reflowed.

I have reflowed a second time with plenty of flux but to no avail. I'm seeing a blank screen now without a backlight. I assume that the LVDS board has given up the ghost so I'll see about getting a new one (T370HW02 V0).

I don't suppose anyone here has one going for sale?

Comment

So as it turns out I had a spare one in an older samsung board. I've put this one in and I get vertical lines accrioss the acreen again. I assume at this point if the voltages look ok that I'm onto the mainboard.

Comment

Sound like a tab-bond issue to me.....
        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Would a tab bond cause the backlight to go on and off?
          Also would it be likely that I woudl get variable results?

(with the one try having a garbled image and the other just having fixed lines?)

Comment

I assume you mean the tabs of the actual LCD panel? Would they be likely to all fail at the same time (there are 4 ribbons from the LVDS board which I assume go to the LCD tabs) are they all likely to fail together?

Comment

Working...
            X