Macbook Air A1406 WLED Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air A1406 WLED Driver

Hey Guys been a minute since I posted on here.....but alas! Here is what I have going on.

Working a customers MacBook Air Model A1406. She needed a new LCD after replacing the LCD the backlight is no longer working. The Backlight on the old screen does not work as well. Tested Backlight Fuse fuse is good. The only other thing I am thinking it could be is the WLED Driver. Is it worth Testing or should I just Replace it?

If I need to test it does anyone know the values the thing should be putting out and also where the test points are at? Thanks for any help!

Re: Macbook Air A1406 WLED Driver

LED displays are pretty sturdy as opposed to CCFL screens with inverters. Most of the time when the backlight goes bad it's a problem with the logic board/motherboard. You could try to replace the WLED driver but unless you know that all the components around are fine you risk blowing that one also. Best to take some measurements before swapping.

The values can be retrieved from the schematic however they might differ when tested in circuit. Hopefully someone else might have the same board and kind enough to do some probing. Your best bet is to start out with the schematic and the boardview.

Comment

Working...
    X