samsung LE19R88BD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung LE19R88BD

hi i got this samsung tv that would not power on so took back off and there was 2 blown caps on psu so changed them and bingo powers on but no picture and menu looks black plz see pics
    Attached Files

Re: samsung LE19R88BD

Probably needs EEPROM reset -- have you ever done the 5-6 pin jumper?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Probably needs EEPROM reset -- have you ever done the 5-6 pin jumper?
      no tom how do i do that i did try reading the lcd post lol

Comment

Originally posted by tonyuk View Post
        no tom how do i do that i did try reading the lcd post lol
        ok think ive got it but cant find the eeprom chip

Comment

It will begin with "24" in the part #, list each you find and it might be possible to narrow it down. Can be on the bottom of the board.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

got chip with number 24c2568n 8 leg

Comment

That's probably the one, but are there any others?

Comment

pic of underside
                Attached Files

Comment

That's probably the one, but are there any others?
                  yer there is lol

Comment

ok so 2 of 24c256bn can only see these 2 that start 24

Comment

Whereabouts are they on the board, can you highlight them?

Comment

Whereabouts are they on the board, can you highlight them?
                        hope this ok
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks like IC8001 is for the main applications processor, so I would try that one.

Comment

Looks like IC8001 is for the main applications processor, so I would try that one.
                            ok will do so solder wire to the pins then plug in for 2 secs then uplug remove wire and job done ? hope i got that right lol

Comment

ok done that still looks same if what i said above was ok

Comment

You should apply jumper, power set on. Set should turn on...

It will either freeze (stay with power light off or backlight on or something like that, but no image) or it will reboot (if it does this turn it off at the mains while it is on.)

After it does this you should remove the jumper.

Then go into service mode from standby press Info Menu Mute Power and set up all settings as required, to correct picture and tuner. may have to try a few times.

That is one method I have heard. I think there are a few others.

Should this fail you may have to replace the EEPROM with a blank one.
                                Last edited by tom66; 03-07-2014, 03:56 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

o ok video i watch said leave in standby for 2 secs then unplug remove wire lol ill try what you said

Comment

ok just turned on with jumper and tv come on same as without jumper pink with green lines ?

Comment

Might have to replace EEPROM then, I think the TV cannot recover it. (It is supposed to erase it.)
                                      Also possible that you have another fault with the main board, and the EEPROM is fine.

Comment

Might have to replace EEPROM then, I think the TV cannot recover it. (It is supposed to erase it.)
                                        Also possible that you have another fault with the main board, and the EEPROM is fine.
                                        ok ill get another eeprom there only £2 lol what other fault you think how would i check o do i need to change this first cheers tom

Comment

Working...
                                        X