Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overclocking E7500 on Intel motherboard

Me and my shitty motherboards lol...

I'm running a Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz CPU on an Intel DB43LD Socket 775 motherboard.

My computer is too slow and I've got plenty of PSU power to spare so I'm thinking of overclocking. I'm aiming for 35GHz or so if possible. But 4.0 would be epic! (then again on the stock cooler I doubt i could do 4.0 lol)...

Problem is that this motherboard has no voltage or frequency control. So how do I go about doing this?

Re: Overclocking E7500 on Intel motherboard

Simple: forget about it.

Intel boards are great for office boxes and the like where reliability counts more than anything else, but for overclocking, they're worthless junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
      Simple: forget about it.

Intel boards are great for office boxes and the like where reliability counts more than anything else, but for overclocking, they're worthless junk.
      Fine, should I use my ECS G31 board then? It's frustrating I can get my P4 to 4GHz while my E7500 is stuck at stock.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
        Fine, should I use my ECS G31 board then?

I know many people complain about ECS, but I don't mind it that much. If it works, it works .

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post

I know many people complain about ECS, but I don't mind it that much. If it works, it works .
          I got an ECS Nforce4m-a motherboard from circa 2006 running a 125w AMD 6400+, complete with KZG and OST caps, none of which are bulging, and has even survived a blown PSU.

ECS is just fine in my book.

Unfortunately the as far as the CPU goes, your best bet is to get another motherboard as a BSEL mod is not likely to work due to the CPU's high clock.

Comment

ECS are the only brand I hate more than ASUS.
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
              ECS are the only brand I hate more than ASUS.

Sure some ECS board may be buggy (mostly due to VIA/SIS chipsets), but at least they work more than half the time, some even quite reliably. I can't say the same about ASUS, though. I've seen more dead ASUS boards than any other brand - and all of those dead ASUS boards had ASDS. Even older ones like the MEW-AM in this HP Pentium 3 PC that I'm using right now is finicky at best. According to HP and the board's manual, it should support 512 MB of RAM and UDMA4 but neither of those works.
              We just reflowed the NB of a Socket 939 ASUS board from an HP at work last week (nVidia chipset). Board came back to life after that. I don't think it will work for very long though - the board area under the SB is very dark due to the SB running very hot. Of course leave it to ASUS to NOT put a heat sink on hot parts.

Live Evil Lurker, I've had good luck with ECS. Take for example my ECS P4VXASD2+. I found that board in a computer next to a dumpster. It was powered its entire life by a completely gutless Cyberlink PSU that only has 2x 470uF caps on the 5V rail (and this motherboard uses CPU power from the 5V rail rather than the 12V). Yet the OST caps on VRM are all still good and board is still stable. Sure they do get quite hot when the CPU (2 GHz Pentium 4 Northwood) is running on full blast. But considering the CPU used to be a 1.7 GHz P4 Willamate (64W TDV vs. 52W TDP for the that Northwood) and the thing still ran fine, I would say this board is at least somewhat decent.

Comment

I like ECS

Comment

I <3'd my K7S5A back in the day. cheap and fast
                  Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                  ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I am an returning customer back to ASUS, my move to touch one expensive Gigabyte become a terrible adventure.

Quad core Q6600 and ASUS P5QC is a true rock stable setup.
                    I do have as spare one E7500, but I do prefer more the quad cores than the high MHz.

By the way I need one information if possible.
                    Can you test the E7500 CPU load when it works on youtube with HD 1080P movies? (full screen mode)

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                      I <3'd my K7S5A back in the day. cheap and fast
                      I had two of those boards, and they were junk. Unstable, and covered in G-Luxon caps.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

So right now:
                        -ECS G31T-M7 motherboard
                        -Intel E7500 2.03GHz
                        -2x1GB Wintec DDR2 RAM
                        -500GB Seagate HDD
                        -EVGA Geforce 550 Ti SuperClock 2GB
                        -PC P&C 750W PSU
                        -CM 430 Elite Black case
                        -IDE DVDROM
                        -IDE DVDRW

Anyway, even a tiny boost in frequency resulted in instability, since I can't change the voltage
                        But it runs fine anyway... just need to go to 4GB RAM...
                        and my dual monitor setup (ordered a second E228WFP on eBay) is beautiful
                        Attached Files

Comment

I like ECS
                          When ECS runs with the big dogs and matches their 3 year warranty I'll buy. The ECS product line has lots of good and bad boards. I don't have time to buy all the boards just to figure out which ones work. I'll stick with MSI.
                          sig files are for morons

Comment

Me and my shitty motherboards lol...

I'm running a Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz CPU on an Intel DB43LD Socket 775 motherboard.

My computer is too slow and I've got plenty of PSU power to spare so I'm thinking of overclocking. I'm aiming for 35GHz or so if possible. But 4.0 would be epic! (then again on the stock cooler I doubt i could do 4.0 lol)...

Problem is that this motherboard has no voltage or frequency control. So how do I go about doing this?
                            Any updates? You ever hit 35 GHz?

Comment

I didn't notice that until now

Comment

I'm still using my K7S5A (SiS) - it still works fine.
                                And yes, the VIA S*ITSETS are probably what kills me for ECS boards, I've had a couple of them - the only one that worked well had an Intel chipset (then again this was an old board, P5-era) on it...

Comment

Working...
                                X