Samsung UE46D7000 vertical lines on top of picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE46D7000 vertical lines on top of picture

Hi guys, hoping someone might help me diagnose a fault with my tv. I'll try to include as much detail as possible.
    The set is a Samsung UE46D7000 46" 3D LED, about 30 months old. Recently started getting thin vertical lines which appear to be on top of the picture. On a busy screen they're not really noticeable but on solid colours they are very prominent. For some reason if you turn the colour down to zero they completely disappear.
    Up to now I have:
    1. Disconnected and reseated all cable connections - no change.
    2. Replaced main board - no change.
    3. Replaced TCON board - no change.

Hopefully I have attached some pictures below to illustrate the problem. Thank you for your assistance.
    Sorry, won't let me add more than one picture.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Warpig; 08-09-2014, 04:13 PM. Reason: Forgot pictures

Re: Samsung UE46D7000 vertical lines on top of picture

It looks like a bad LCD panel to me, which would make the TV scrap. This is a very common fault on Samsung D series TVs, particularly 40/46 inch panels. Sorry there is probably nothing you can do.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That's what I expected to hear unfortunately but thanks for your advice, damn thing cost me £1800 when it was new.

Comment

It's sad to hear, because it's still happening. My brother's top-of-the-line UE46ES8000 appears to have a bad panel (stuck vertical lines.) Out of warranty too. I did tell him not to buy a Samsung LED-LCD TV due to the high panel failure rate. It's unacceptable for the most expensive part in a TV to fail so often and early IMHO. This is common across the board for new LCD-based TVs but Samsung is the worst offender. At least you can fix the few plasma faults; most LCD faults nowadays cannot be economically fixed.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Warpig, i would agree 100% with Tom and it is a Panel fault. From what i gather you have had the set from new?

Fortunately, since you are in the UK you are protected by the sales of goods act which states that all goods must be fit for purpose for a reasonable length of time after sale - which typically is about 6 years for a modern day TV. As yours is under 3 years old you should be entitled to return it to the retailer and request a repair/ refund.

Good luck,
          Demon

Comment

SoGA is an option - a right hassle but well worth a shot. You may need a technician's report if asked, you can ask a small local TV repair shop to write one for you saying the failure is unacceptable, TV can be expected to last longer etc.

Note -- you have to deal with the retailer NOT Samsung - though if it feels like you are hurting the retailer for Samsung's defective panel faults.

Comment

Agreed - i thought it unfair that even though it is the manufacturers fault, the retailer has to deal with the issue... Although i am sure there are processes in place to recover costs through from manufacturer by retailer!

I have had to get through SOGA once and managed it without a technicians report as i made it crystal clear that the fault was not caused by the user!

All the best,
              Demon

Comment

Unfortunately this is where it gets even worse - I bought the tv from Comet who are now out of business. Sucks but hey what can you do. Think I'll just go to Asda and buy a cheap ass tv that will probably last forever. Thanks for all the input chaps.

Comment

Hey Warpig, Comet has gone out of business but there is another company they have had to set up to manage things exactly like this so you should still be able to sort this out.
                  The problem with buying a cheap ass TV is that unfortunately you will have even more problems!

Good luck,
                  Demon

Comment

Originally posted by DemonBG View Post
                    Hey Warpig, Comet has gone out of business but there is another company they have had to set up to manage things exactly like this so you should still be able to sort this out.
                    The problem with buying a cheap ass TV is that unfortunately you will have even more problems!

Good luck,
                    Demon
                    Didn't know that, thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

Comment

Tom66: what do you make of this mate, just ran the built in test pics on the Napoli and Genoa chips using the engineers service menu and the lines aren't there, perfect picture, go back to normal tv and lines are back again on any input - Sky, Freeview, XBox.

Comment

Originally posted by Warpig View Post
                        Tom66: what do you make of this mate, just ran the built in test pics on the Napoli and Genoa chips using the engineers service menu and the lines aren't there, perfect picture, go back to normal tv and lines are back again on any input - Sky, Freeview, XBox.
                        Uh... well, that's odd. You changed the T-con though... so it could be unfortunate bad luck with getting a second T-con that was bad. Sometimes the patterns can hide the fault. On the normal TV screen, can you see if turning off Motion Enhancer makes any difference?

Comment

Working...
                        X