X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
    Can you believe this thing was trusted to power a C2D E6400 and 7600GS?
    Of course, some people have no idea...
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

It is a Linkworld

Comment

LOW ESR on those capacitors.... my ass

Oh man ... ordered an esr meter last week, I think I'm gonna open the psu that came with a 30$ case I bought recently for a "testing stuff" computer.

Comment

Powerlink LPJ2 "400W".

4-diode treatment with lame 4A diodes. Non safety approved Y caps. No other input filtering to speak of.

Primary: D13007s as main switcher, C5027S on standby. EI-33 label on the transformer... i ain't buyin' that. It's an ER-28 actually. 2x 470u Canicon caps, but judging by the can size real capacity is lower.
          Secondary: 20A schottky on +5v, 10A schottky on 3.3v, and 12A fast recovery on 12v. 12v diode is stuck directly to the heatsink without a silpad. Small output inductors (coupled inductor is on a T90 core). No pi filters. 2x 1000u 10v Fuhjyyu TM on +5v. 1x 1000u Fuhjyyu TM on +5vsb and 3.3v, both bloated. 1x 2200u 16v Canicon on +12v, and 1x 470u 16v Canicon on -12v. Weltrend controller.

Looks familiar. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20168

Comment

4-diode treatment with lame 4A diodes.
            I know 4A bridges, but not discrete 4A diodes.

EI-33 label on the transformer... i ain't buyin' that. It's an ER-28 actually.
            AFAIK the number is the width of the core, which looks about right for an EI-33.

Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker View Post
              I know 4A bridges, but not discrete 4A diodes.
              Sorry, i meant 2A.

Originally posted by Shocker View Post
              AFAIK the number is the width of the core, which looks about right for an EI-33.
              The EI-33 has a square bobbin (the center leg is square too), is a bit larger and has more core area. The one you see in this PSU has a round bobbin, the center leg is round, the inside of the outer legs is rounded too and it's smaller.

Does it look more like this to you:

Or like this?
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

It looks about 33-35mm wide in the picture. Compare the width with the height maybe??? For what it's worth, most ERL-35s have a round bobbin.

Comment

ACE AM608B1-300WS

This seems to be the 300W model of the AM607B1 that is 250W.

But instead of implementing better rated parts, it has significantly worse! Smaller heatsinks, tiny bridge rectifier, 330uF primary caps in place of 470uF and every capacitor is Fuhjyyu whereas the 250W model had some Teapos.

Some Fuhjyyu caps are bulging, but the output voltages appeared normal.

Do you think it is worth recapping?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, the heatsinks are not SO bad, there are even output inductors and something what could be considered inptu filtraction. So it is not lsot case. Have a look at the rectifiers rating, if uderrated, change them, if fast recovery, chaneg them for shottky. It may actually give the 300 W
                    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                      Well, the heatsinks are not SO bad, there are even output inductors and something what could be considered inptu filtraction. So it is not lsot case. Have a look at the rectifiers rating, if uderrated, change them, if fast recovery, chaneg them for shottky. It may actually give the 300 W
                      I see, but I don't think it could give 300W with these 330uF prijmary caps and the undersized main transformer. With the mods applied it may give real 250W

Comment

Some more Linkworld for you.
                        They went cheap even on the warranty sticker! It didn't broke when I opened the psu.
                        Attached Files

Comment

This looks actually good for 250W. Honest labeling

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
                            I see, but I don't think it could give 300W with these 330uF prijmary caps and the undersized main transformer. With the mods applied it may give real 250W
                            Well the mains affect mostly the ability to overcome power grid mini-drops. Yeah, with better capacity you get smoother voltage (it looks less like rectified 50 Hz sine which partially goes into secondary than), but big output capacity can handle that slightly as well.

As for the transformer, it does not seem SO small for 290 W
                            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

PCline PCLAC90W

150uF 350V TREC on primary side and 2x 1000uF 25V on 15-24V output .
                              Two other electrolytics are Chang units.
                              GBU405 bridge rectifier.
                              IRF2807 MOSFET used as synchronous rectifier at 15-24V output - when I get a chance, I will make a circuit and post elsewhere on this forum, since this seems interesting .
                              FQPF8N60 primary side MOSFET.
                              NCP1377B SMPS controller.
                              350V electrolytic, underside and transformer top has thick heatsink washer-like mechanical dampening.
                              Attached Files
                              My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

And all covered in that shitty brown glue...
                                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

PCLine is sold at PC World I think, and for ridiculous markups. It is pushed by the staff there lots.

If you want dangerous and unreliable stuff - you can get the same thing from eBay for about £10!
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

e-market 250W

Are those real teapos?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Teapo are crap caps... who'd fake them? Looks like Hermei/Jamicon vent.
                                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

not fake

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                          ...Looks like Hermei/Jamicon vent.
                                          +1

I've never seen Teapos with that Jamicon-like vent and i'm not aware of TEAPO being inconsistent with the vent marks in their caps so they do look fakes to me.

Comment

Working...
                                          X