• Show
Clear All

RF Switch!

Hi guys, i need a RF awitch like this,

http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_...taName=200-315

But 5inputs and one output ,thanks

Re: RF Switch!

I have some like this:

Never seen one with more inputs than that.

What are you trying to do? Hook up your Pong, ColecoVision, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, and Atari 7800 consoles all without swapping cables?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bluto View Post
      What are you trying to do? Hook up your Pong, ColecoVision, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, and Atari 7800 consoles all without swapping cables?
      ^
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

I have some like this:

Never seen one with more inputs than that.

I need to redistribute 4 or five outputs like 1 VCR 2 sat outputs Chan 3.Chan 60,1 converter box all to one cable to the hole house,don't have payed provider have OTA and FTA and i collect Chan 3 and 60 from my brother in law 2 cables coming from downstairs.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
          I need to redistribute 4 or five outputs like 1 VCR 2 sat outputs Chan 3.Chan 60,1 converter box all to one cable to the hole house,don't have payed provider have OTA and FTA and i collect Chan 3 and 60 from my brother in law 2 cables coming from downstairs.
          note =that i use 5 cables and a splitter and every time i want to change chan to the other tvs in other rooms i change the cable input which is not the same if i had a multi push in switch and there would be less loss of signal

Comment

note =that i use 5 cables and a splitter and every time i want to change chan to the other tvs in other rooms i change the cable input which is not the same if i had a multi push in switch and there would be less loss of signal

Right- you'll avoid the loss thru the splitter.

This is probably not what you want to do, but what about using the A/V line outs?
            "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
            Originally posted by shango066
            All style and no substance.
            Originally posted by smashstuff30
            guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
            guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Sounds like you need a UHF modulator (or several) to modulate each source onto its own channel (no running downstairs to push buttons). Then you split the output of the modulator to all your TVs and they can tune each source independently as its own channel. I have this setup at my house and love it. I combine the OTA antenna (DTV channels) with the output of the modulator and pipe that to each tv (currently 4 DTVs and 4 analog TVs) The digital TVs get all the OTA channels plus the 3 in-house channels (65: security camera dvr, 67: TiVo, 69: XBMC). The analog TVs only get the in-house channels. Here is a generic diagram:

Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like you need a UHF modulator (or several) to modulate each source onto its own channel (no running downstairs to push buttons). Then you split the output of the modulator to all your TVs and they can tune each source independently as its own channel. I have this setup at my house and love it. I combine the OTA antenna (DTV channels) with the output of the modulator and pipe that to each tv (currently 4 DTVs and 4 analog TVs) The digital TVs get all the OTA channels plus the 3 in-house channels (65: security camera dvr, 67: TiVo, 69: XBMC). The analog TVs only get the in-house channels. Here is a generic diagram:

I apreciate your info but need something more like

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18544

the RF coaxial switch shown above wish it had 1 or 2 more outputs because all
                the inputs are coaxial RF outputs coming from deference receivers and have to be separated otherwise they will have interferences from mostly the sat signal same Chan

Comment

I've never seen one with RF connectors with that many channels.
                  I have seen them with RCA and/or S-Video jacks with that many channels and they have RF-to-RCA adapters. [Or you could modify it by changing the connectors.]
                  Alternately you could modify [change the jacks] in a KVM switch.
                  Mann-Made Global Warming.
                  - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                  -

Comment

you can at least combine some of the inputs with a diplexer first to reduce the requirements on the switch. For example, you can combine the satellite output with the OTA.

Something like this:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHsQ8gIwAQ

Comment

Originally posted by lmcancu View Post
                      you can at least combine some of the inputs with a diplexer first to reduce the requirements on the switch. For example, you can combine the satellite output with the OTA.

Something like this:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHsQ8gIwAQ
                      The freq is rf after the receivers ouput and are all the same freq

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                        I've never seen one with RF connectors with that many channels.
                        I have seen them with RCA and/or S-Video jacks with that many channels and they have RF-to-RCA adapters. [Or you could modify it by changing the connectors.]
                        Alternately you could modify [change the jacks] in a KVM switch.
                        I thought of that i have a RCA push button video Switch with 5 outputs 1 input maybe if i modify the RCA to coaxial connectors it'll work?

Comment

No need to "mod" anything. Try some of these:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...CA-MALE/1.html

Keep in mind that a baseband switch may not shield or isolate enough at RF. The carriers are 61.25/67.25 MHz for CH 3/4.

If it's something like this (metal), give those adapters a try:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/50-6180

I'd personally make something out of a Hammond aluminum box, some F connectors, and a decent switch. A proper RF switch, with good characteristics (insertion loss, isolation, return loss) is more expen$ive for a reason.
                          "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                          Originally posted by shango066
                          All style and no substance.
                          Originally posted by smashstuff30
                          guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                          guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Yes i have one similar to that

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/50-6180

Comment

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...042-ND/2043255

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...1010-ND/251972

-
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                              -
                              You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                              -

Comment

I thought of that i have a RCA push button video Switch with 5 outputs 1 input maybe if i modify the RCA to coaxial connectors it'll work?
                                That's what I said in another later post.
                                You'll only need some of the video wires.
                                You could just make you own from scratch too.
                                If you get noise/static just put a filter on the output jack.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                -
                                -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
                                  That's what I said in another later post.
                                  You'll only need some of the video wires.
                                  You could just make you own from scratch too.
                                  If you get noise/static just put a filter on the output jack.
                                  I hoked it up and and connected 2 inputs and i had i lousy pic with crossover and weak signal, i have a clean pic just by inputting cable by cable individual so i will keep doing it unless there is a better way,

the Modulator and the schematic shown in the in the other prier post sound good if i can get a clean pic on all Chan output,remember my TVs in all the rooms that i want to feed are all analog i have 8 of them.

Comment

Connections make noise and add resistance.
                                    You need filter(s) and an amp.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                    -
                                    -

Comment

today i dicovered that this video switch also does Rf conversion,i though it did not work i was using a rf converter connected to it.

Comment

today i dicovered that this video switch also does Rf conversion,i though it did not work i was using a rf converter connected to it.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X