Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice and Recommendations

Good day;
    I am putting together a Digi-Key order for some caps for use in general monitor repairs. I have noticed some caps are no longer available or I am just not looking in the right place. The caps I am having trouble with are:

16v – 330uF
    25v – 33uF
    50v – .47uF
    450v – 100uF

I am looking for the actual cap values or a suitable substitution with series.
    Thanks.

All knowledge is good; it's how you use it that makes it bad.

Re: Advice and Recommendations

The voltage rating is not very important, as long as the replacements are of equal of higher voltage rating.

So if you can't find 330uF 16v, you can use 25v or 35v rated capacitors, provided you can fit these larger diameter capacitors into the area you have on the boards.

Same with the others. In fact, for those 33uF you could use 35v, 50v, 63v rated ones, for 47uF you can use 63v...

The 450v rated capacitor is a reservoir capacitor.. the exact capacity value is not critical, you may be able to use 120uF capacitor instead if you can't find 100uF capacitors.

Also, if you're located in US and the monitor will only run on 120v or about that value, you may actually be able to use a "reservoir" capacitor that's rated for lower voltage, like 350v. They're using 450v rated capacitors because in countries with 240v at the socket, the voltage on the capacitor goes up to about 370 volts. In US, you shouldn't get more than about 260 volts.

Suitable capacitors for power supplies and monitors and so on are:

Panasonic FM, FR, in the worst case FC
    Nichicon HM, HN
    Rubycon ZLH, ZLJ, ZLK
    United Chemi Con KZE

For the large 450v capacitor, United Chemi-Con KXG , KMQ are popular in quality power supplies, other brands are also good but I couldn't tell you specific series.

This site sells quite a few capacitors from the series above so you may get a better deal buying directly from here.

Comment

Re: Advice and Recommendations

Thank you for your quick and informative reply. This is the information I was looking for.

I will be looking at the caps BC are offering; but I am ordering other items and need to get my total up for shipping. I will be ordering from this site in the future though. TC.
      Last edited by Channels; 05-07-2012, 08:24 PM.

All knowledge is good; it's how you use it that makes it bad.

Comment

Working...
      X