JVC LT-42TG30J no sign of life at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JVC LT-42TG30J no sign of life at all

got a jvc did a tab bond fix, works good now, It must be VESTEL FREE.

Comment

Hi, replaced the main board and all working ok, thanks.

You are all right though, now that its working, it is a poor TV, lots of noise in the picture, issues with movement blur and very tinny speakers.

Comment

thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by OracsRevenge View Post

You are all right though, now that its working, it is a poor TV, lots of noise in the picture, issues with movement blur and very tinny speakers.
          YEOW, that sounds bad. there should be signs on every corner warning against Vestel products.

Comment

Originally posted by OracsRevenge View Post

wonder if maybe you got another bad board?

Comment

You tell people not to buy the cheap trash, much better saving up for a month and buying a better one or a smaller one from a good mfg, but they don't listen. They need to teach financial discipline in schools.

Don't know how it is in the US, but we have a store called "BrightHouse" here for people who really can't wait. Pay weekly for a TV. Works out around £9/week, for 3 years, for a 42" basic Vestel junker. That's ~£1,300 for a £300 TV. It's crazy.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                got a jvc did a tab bond fix, works good now, It must be VESTEL FREE.
                Fair enough
                Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 02-12-2015, 07:29 AM.
                Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Luckily I didn't pay for the TV, got it free via Freecycle.

Can't help feeling that even getting it for free, might have been a bad deal

Will probably donate it to my son's bedroom and keep my old Philips 32" Plasma for the lounge.

Comment

Hi everyone the tv is a JVC LT-42TG30J.and i no its old and should be junked but the lady wants it fixed becase she likes the tv and is not one to be argued with So first i replaced all the caps and the four diodes on powering back up it blew the fuse in between the AC input and the switch. The white one and the black one, as mine has a switch on the back, anyway i gave up on the power board, and bought another, on puting it in i noticed the board that i bought had only the white ac input so i left the switch out and pluged the ac straight to the white input. When powered up the blue led flashed and the back light came, on very dim and a blue led on the inverter came on for 3 seconds clicked of, along with the back light, then it would start the start cycle and do it over and over again, i checked the four 24v from the power board to the inverter all ok, so i bought another inverter, now when i power it up with the new inverter the back light lights up properly, but shows nothing else and still powers of after 5 -6 seconds. My question is , is it becase i have not got the second AC power socket on the PSU for the switch on this PSU, and if so can i solder the black AC switch socket from the old board to the new one, or do you think there will be more componants to it than just the socket, or do you think its now the main board,many thanks for any advice

Comment

Working...
                    X