Emerson lf501em5f/ i shut off then comes on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerson lf501em5f/ i shut off then comes on

I have this Emerson led tv (lf501em5f) I plug the tv to ac and it comes on normaly I shot off with remote or buttons on the tv and alone without not pressing any button comes on alone......and stays on normally, it can be turn off only if plug out from ac.....eeprom problem....this tv had a power supply electrical surge burn so I replace it from (BA3AUOF0102-3) TO (BA3AU0F0102-2). This could be a problem on why is not going off...sometimes when it is a while on like an hour or two it turn off and it wI'll go off but I try to turn on and it wont let me until I unplug the ac cord and re-plug it again it starts on it self...

Re: Emerson lf501em5f/ i shut off then comes on

If you had an electrical surge, then it's probably damaged the main board as well. The symptoms you are describing scream of a main board issue. An eeprom may address the issue but I've had little luck on these Funai boards with simple eeprom swaps. Seems like more times than not it's a bigger problem than that.

Comment

The set is runing good for an hour almost since I posted the thread here.....now is 4:14 pm central time and I turn off and back in on, and it won't turn on either with button or remote......I disconnect and it will wok just fine until i turn off......

Comment

sounds like a main board problem to me.

Comment

I was thinking about eeprom since shopjimmy is selling one for this model tv and it said that if has this type of problem that's should fix it( red ligth and won't power on with remote or buttons and red light is present). But I will shoot to mainboard to replace it. Since sometimes turns on it self, other times I turn off,it will come on again and other thing is that I turn off and would come on again if I press power in remote or tv buttons. Those three symptoms it what is doing.

Comment

You probably right on the eeprom. You can try to freeze it (can of air upside down) and see if the TV behaves correctly. However this Emerson stuff is made so cheap and the boards are really cheap to get.

Comment

Working...
            X