Panasonic TC-P58VT25 10 blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P58VT25 10 blink

I have the answer. Do not use marking 66. I hope these are not supplied as part of the repair kit because they half the voltage rating of the originals.

At 200V I would not use them since 400V was fitted.

When you go through this again, make sure you check out the 30F125 resistances just in case they've failed but don't show a dead short

Comment

Right o, I was afraid of that. It came in the SJ kit.

I use magnifying glasses and light to read anything on the components, but those were so small I could not read it.

I went to Harbor Freight and picked up a jewelers scope and what a difference that made 10x's and I can actually read all the stuff.

Oh and you can really see all the flux residue I left on the board. I already checked the 30f125's and check good.

Just have to wait for parts now and I feel pretty good about this go around.

Comment

Alrighty then- this one is kicking my butt. I took my time and replaced everything on my list. Paid close attention to soldering and inspected every part with my magnifier.

I still get six blinks. I removed SC20 and still got six blinks. This plasma has the D board so the SC20 is connected to it.

I then removed the lower C board connectors D31, D32 from the D board with SC20 still disconnected and the tv powered up and SC led was lit and did not shut down.

I connected D31 connector and it still did not shut down. I then isolated the lower C boards and removed C26 and connected D32 and it went to 8 blinks.

So that's where I am at. I certainly don't want to scrape this tv, but, man it sure is getting frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just a note, I did not have the ribbons under the board when testing, I just did that for pictures.

Also if the SC20 is connected at any time it shuts down with 6 blinks.
          Last edited by gdawg; 06-19-2016, 10:48 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

I guess I should also add, I know its still in the SC board but did not know if the ribbon disconnected of the lower C boards would be a certain section I should be looking at.

I spent hours on Fathers day checking every resistor and diode and all the items I replaced and everything checks.

I installed my spare off the P58S2 and it still works with only the top half of the screen.

I was trying to see if I could use that board but I think it's the lower buffer thats different.

I thought about getting a lower buffer from a P58S2 and see if it would work but I dont want to do damage to that board.

Thanks for any thoughts on that. Happy Fathers Day to all the dad's out there.
            Last edited by gdawg; 06-20-2016, 08:27 AM. Reason: goof

Comment

Did anything blow again?

Comment

Originally posted by gdawg View Post
                I guess I should also add, I know its still in the SC board but did not know if the ribbon disconnected of the lower C boards would be a certain section I should be looking at.

I spent hours on Fathers day checking every resistor and diode and all the items I replaced and everything checks.

I installed my spare off the P58S2 and it still works with only the top half of the screen.

I was trying to see if I could use that board but I think it's the lower buffer thats different.

I thought about getting a lower buffer from a P58S2 and see if it would work but I dont want to do damage to that board.

Thanks for any thoughts on that. Happy Fathers Day to all the dad's out there.
                from what I found 58VT25 and 58S2 use the same TNPA5174 board, so why you say it's different?!

are you sure you don't have any problems with another board?

if your SD board has the first (top) buffer blown, the tv will only display the image until there, and that is only the top half screen. if you have the SD board from the 58s2 tv, give it a try, maybe that's the problem (if is the same board). I am pretty sure that the working SC board you have from S2 should work on your TV.

Comment

Originally posted by dj01fad View Post
                  from what I found 58VT25 and 58S2 use the same TNPA5174 board, so why you say it's different?!

are you sure you don't have any problems with another board?

if your SD board has the first (top) buffer blown, the tv will only display the image until there, and that is only the top half screen. if you have the SD board from the 58s2 tv, give it a try, maybe that's the problem (if is the same board). I am pretty sure that the working SC board you have from S2 should work on your TV.
                  Is that from a manual or a shopjimmy search.? They have been known to have errors.

58S2
                  TXNSC1LYUU

58VT25
                  TXNSC1LZUU

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Nothing blew up. I have checked everything and all appears ok. I must have missed something. I did not change Q818 as it had same readings as my known good board.

As far as the SD board goes, with both buffers installed from the VT and using the good TNPA 5175ab from the S2 is when it only displays the top or SU portion of the screen.

The SC board schematics show different from the two TV's so I thought about getting an SD buffer from a S2 series and see if that would work.

I would have to try and find a buffer and the last time I got one, they were fairly expensive for a crap shoot.

I would certainly like to fix the SC from the VT series and have it done, but I am kinda baffled.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                      Is that from a manual or a shopjimmy search.? They have been known to have errors.

58S2
                      TXNSC1LYUU

58VT25
                      TXNSC1LZUU
                      these are the SC boards... I was talking about the SD board.

Both SD boards are tnpa5174, but indeed they are different. I think I missed it. the one from vt25 is TXNSD1LZUU and the one from S2 is TXNSD1LYUU
                      This is from service manuals. also, the service manual reports a bad SD board for lower half screen failure.

Comment

Originally posted by dj01fad View Post
                        these are the SC boards... I was talking about the SD board.

Both SD boards are tnpa5174, but indeed they are different. I think I missed it. the one from vt25 is TXNSD1LZUU and the one from S2 is TXNSD1LYUU
                        This is from service manuals. also, the service manual reports a bad SD board for lower half screen failure.
                        sorry, my bad in a rush in the mornings. Being a 3D TV though I'm pretty sure they are different at SD46 but I've never tried a 3D in the 2D ,

Comment

I think I will keep checking my SC board for the 6 blinks and see if I can figure it out.

It seems like it powers on for about 5 seconds before it goes 6 blinks. I do have the buffers isolated.

It looks like something in the Vad line from the schematic, so I will check all related items. TPSOS6 starts at 0 volts and then goes high to 4.87 volts thus the shut down.

Comment

I think I will keep checking my SC board for the 6 blinks and see if I can figure it out.

It seems like it powers on for about 5 seconds before it goes 6 blinks. I do have the buffers isolated.

It looks like something in the Vad line from the schematic, so I will check all related items. TPSOS6 starts at 0 volts and then goes high to 4.87 volts thus the shut down.
                            does it reach that level and hold or go back to zero again before it shuts down?

Comment

Not sure, I just saw it go up and then I removed my probes and unplugged it. TPSOS6 is located close to SC20 and if I recall correctly its pin 65 of IC9004.

Would it tell me anything if the voltage drops back down?

Comment

Not sure, I just saw it go up and then I removed my probes and unplugged it. TPSOS6 is located close to SC20 and if I recall correctly its pin 65 of IC9004.

Would it tell me anything if the voltage drops back down?
                                Have a look at the board there is a tpsos6 pad close to sc20.safer to probe there. It may be worth watching. It is possible to have the sos cct go bad but very rare.

Comment

I will do some more checking over the weekend. Unfortunately my work shop in the garage is a little toasty. It's 116 degrees in Phoenix Arizona area !!!

Comment

Well i have checked everything and nothing stands out as a problem. I can only think I got a bad part from UT but not sure.

tw2005- I know when I first started on this board it had 10 blinks, and after repair it went to 6 blinks.

You had me check a specific area of the board and found a shorted diode. But still had the 6 blink.

Then it self destructed and I started from scratch and presently it goes to 6 blinks after about 4 seconds. Buffers are isolated.

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                      Have a look at the board there is a tpsos6 pad close to sc20.safer to probe there. It may be worth watching. It is possible to have the sos cct go bad but very rare.
                                      Well back at it. I took a break so I would not go insane. The voltage on tpsos6 starts at 0 volts when plugged in and rises after I power it up.

It seems to fluctuate a bit but shuts down at 3.9 volts and it drops to 0 volts.
                                      Code 6 shows related to SC energy recovery (MID) but not sure what part of the circuit is related to that.

I have been all over the board checking everything and nothing looks to be shorted but sometimes its hard to tell if something is open or not working correctly.

I know code 6 can be ribbon cable connections but I have checked all numerous times.

I hope this thread isn't too old, but thought I would start off were I left off,

Just for the record, I have not changed Q818 but seems to check ok and not even sure that's in the part of the circuit I am looking for.

I got involved in a TNPA 4844 board overhaul and I am waiting for parts. I will start a new thread for that board when its fixed just to let everyone know what I had to replace

Its quite a long list!!!! Thanks for any help on this.

Comment

tw2005 or gdawg I know this is an old thread, but do either one of you know where I can get a repair kit for a Panasonic TC-P58S2 TNPA5175 SC Board? I cannot find one no where..

Comment

Working...
                                        X