Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very ugly capacitors... or fake? (Panasonic FR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very ugly capacitors... or fake? (Panasonic FR)

Some days ago I received the caps I ordered including the brand new Panasonic FRs.

It's the first time I get to see Panasonic capacitors without the M logo. I noticed also that the label is plain and gray, not like the Panasonic FM, FK and FC.

Are they genuine?
    Attached Files

Re: Very ugly capacitors... or fake? (Panasonic FR)

at first, i thought they definitely look like fakes (re-sleeved)..
    but on the other hand.. perfect T-vent (doesn't say much though) and the usual panny bung.. hmmmmm..

strange

edit: another thing.. i don't know much about the FR series, but all low-ESR caps from panasonic that i've seen so far always had gold letters/printing.
    on non-low-esr / general purpose pannys it's white or silver instead.
    Last edited by Scenic; 04-03-2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

odd.datestamp looks wrong too.

Comment

That's right. FRs are hideous. I ordered a bunch before off Mouser and there is no Matsushita logo or anything else pretty on it. Pretty bland. They're funny because they don't even say Panasonic on them or anything...Just 105C FR

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13259

Comment

Have similar cap.

FC 16V and 3300uF. Marked with golden print (it is somewhat pale) on bluish plastic. Datestamp is pressed in and in red.

Leads, rubber plug and stamp look fine to me.

Comment

^that's what all the pannys i know look like

Comment

I ordered them from here:
                http://gr.rsdelivers.com/product/pan...0/7083686.aspx

Sorry, I missed that. If I knew I wouldn't start a new thread.
                Last edited by goodpsusearch; 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM. Reason: quote added

Comment

what all the pannys i know look like (usually.. example of all 3 versions)

top left -> general purpose 105°C (silver markings)
                  top right -> datecode (etched (?) in the sleeve) of a low-esr panny FM with black sleeve
                  below that -> other side of the same cap ; gold markings
                  bottom left -> low esr panny FC ; gold markings, dark blue sleeve (looks a lot more blue-ish on the photo than in real life)
                  above that -> datecode of another FC .. also etched (?) in

completely off-topic, but anyways..
                  kind of a bad name for a cap seller..

Comment

FR are a brand new series.

No Matsushita logo probably just means not made for Panasonic by Matsushita,, made for Panasonic by Panasonic.

Matsushita owns Panasonic [or maybe it's the other way,, I don't remember..]

Changing the color on the date code is probably a cost cutting measure.
                    Mann-Made Global Warming.
                    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                    -

Comment

Apparently Panasonic is Matsushita:

http://panasonic.co.jp/corp/news/off...n080110-6.html

I always thought one was the parent company of the other... Maybe the corporate name change has something to do with the loss of the M logo? Were the other series mentioned introduced before the corporate name change in January 2008?

I've ordered some FRs both from Digikey and Mouser. FRs from both sources look the same as those in this thread. As long as they're reliable, I could care less what they look like.

Comment

What that says is Matsushita owned Panasonic and a bunch of other companies and they decided to change the names of all of them [including the parent company Matsushita] to Panasonic .

They aren't gong to have an M logo if they aren't Matsushita anymore.

Kind of a shame...
                        I used to love saying "Masushita"... like this... MATsuuuSHITA.
                        Of course using the voice and facial expressions of Kamikaze pilot out of a WWII War movie when you say it help...
                        Last edited by PCBONEZ; 04-04-2011, 01:16 AM.

-
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                        -
                        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                        -

Comment

I just realized that "Bulgin" is the last thing you want to see on a capacitor bag
                          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
                            I just realized that "Bulgin" is the last thing you want to see on a capacitor bag

-

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                              kind of a bad name for a cap seller..
                              Epic fail

Comment

Push in the bunge. If it goes in too easily, then it is a fake.

There very good looking fakes of Panasonic FC coming out of China.
                                "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Shoot. Well Panasonic is going to have to figure out a way to make their caps look pretty again.

I genuinely love how Panny's look.

Comment

I like the [M] look too. It would be a shame if Panasonic moved to drab labeling that makes it that much harder to pick out the fakes.
                                    sig files are for morons

Comment

When you want to show off your work to other people, some speckling gold letters do help your cause.

Comment

I miss the blue/gold MBZ.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                        -
                                        -

Comment

Working...
                                        X