LG 60PZ550 Plasma Screen Blotches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PZ550 Plasma Screen Blotches

First off, thanks for all the great info on this site. I had the fairly common problem of no screen, and was able to find the description of re-flowing the coil solder joints, and that problem was resolved. So now I have a picture, but it literally looks like someone poured black ink or paint from the top of the screen, (think the Sherwin Williams world logo). My biggest fear is somehow the screen got cracked, (and no idea how). Any thoughts from the folks out there?

Re: LG 60PZ550 Plasma Screen Blotches

It's likely a Z-sustain fault or a loose connection.
    Check ALL connections to the Z-sustain board, check the orange ribbons are FIRMLY seated in the connection blocks.
    Probably not a cracked panel, they usually don't show any light when cracked (a few exceptions apply but only on Samsung & Panasonic panels)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I agree with Tom , i have not seen a cracked plasma screen that lights up.
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. In checking the ribbon cable connection on the bottom of the board, I managed to break the latch. Any chance I can source this without getting the entire Z SUS. Also, looking on the web for the PN, none match what is in my set: EBR 73561701. This is what happens when I get in a hurry.

Comment

Can you show us a picture of what you broke?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Here you go...I managed to break one of the latch pins on the connector clamp that allows it to pivot up. Now there isn't any way to apply pressure to the ribbon to hold it in place. The 1st pic is the broken 1, and the second is the way it should look....
            Attached Files

Comment

Bugger... that's probably a custom part. You might be able to shim it down with some strong tape. But not sure.... otherwise that would be a board replacement component.

Comment

That would figure....any idea if there is a PN cross from the number above? I have not been able to source that PN. Thanks again.

Comment

Uhm , its not broken off? Sorry for my english but the small white parts that hold the black part in place are not broken?
                  The black part is easy to put back in as long as the the white part on the left and right are still in place and not broken off.
                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I've shimmed a few connectors like this, usually keyboard connectors for laptops but the same principle.
                    A piece of rigid plastic from discarded packaging, cut to the correct length and inserted will hold the ribbon cable in. A dab of hot glue either side or some tape over the top will hold it.

Comment

Thanks for the input folks. Moreno83, the black latch snapped an end off. diif, I'll try the plastic and glue trick. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X