Lightbulbs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightbulbs...

Recently the lightbulb in my reading lamp burned out, so we got a 2 pack of bulbs from the hardware store. They are GE brand, but of course made in china by slaves...one bulb was defective out of the package.

screwed it in and bzzzt! the wires were loose in the base of the lamp, and they shorted out

When I unscrewed it, the glass bulb fell off from the metal base; I had to get some pliers to remove it!

And it appears they used sand to adhere the glass bulb to the metal base... tsk tsk tsk
    Attached Files
    Muh-soggy-knee

Re: Lightbulbs...

Osram Sylvania FTW!
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
      Recently the lightbulb in my reading lamp burned out, so we got a 2 pack of bulbs from the hardware store. They are GE brand, but of course made in china by slaves...one bulb was defective out of the package.

screwed it in and bzzzt! the wires were loose in the base of the lamp, and they shorted out

When I unscrewed it, the glass bulb fell off from the metal base; I had to get some pliers to remove it!

And it appears they used sand to adhere the glass bulb to the metal base... tsk tsk tsk
      Must have run out of adhesive silica and used what they were standing on to make production.

Comment

Shame since those are Reveal bulbs with the expensive blue glass.

That's what the consumer gets when they bid out their production to the cheapest bidder in China.

Comment

i encountered tt before ...
          perhaps a bad qc or material usage / fakes

Comment

Working...
          X