Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Init Paper Shredder sensor circuit

Well, I can't see the specifics in great detail but here's an idea:

If you don't plan on running it for long periods at a time, you might be able to make some other materials work as a bearing. Just get a bronze, or copper, aluminum, etc plate and drill the right sized hole in it and polish the hole, pack it with grease, and remove whatever needs to be removed from the plastic shell/framework of the shredder so you can bolt or screw the new plate bearing on, and of course pack it with grease. I'd probably do that just to see how well it works, though I have some scrap plate aluminum already so...

Comment

Re: Init Paper Shredder sensor circuit

Originally posted by 999999999 View Post
      Well, I can't see the specifics in great detail but here's an idea:

If you don't plan on running it for long periods at a time, you might be able to make some other materials work as a bearing. Just get a bronze, or copper, aluminum, etc plate and drill the right sized hole in it and polish the hole, pack it with grease, and remove whatever needs to be removed from the plastic shell/framework of the shredder so you can bolt or screw the new plate bearing on, and of course pack it with grease. I'd probably do that just to see how well it works, though I have some scrap plate aluminum already so...
      Nothing to lose. Why not? Thanks for all your help past and present 999..

Comment

Working...
      X