Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proview 900P Board Problem (with pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proview 900P Board Problem (with pictures)

Hello everyone. I'm so glad a forum like this exists!

I bought a Proview Model 900P Product Number Pl916s2 at a flea market for 3$. When I took it home and tried it, it only is able to display for a few seconds.

Curious I opened the monitor and hoped to see a problem. I found that the board (Mirage Electronics Pl-170DTLA) is burnt. I attached a picture of the front of the board and back of the board to this message. I'm not sure what this burnt component is. (Is it a transformer?) I'm really a newbie to all of this, and am just hoping to learn something because I've always been interested in computers.

Does this look like the board could be fixed or would I need a whole new board?

Any thoughts/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
    Attached Files

Re: Proview 900P Board Problem (with pictures)

That is an inverter transformer, and is probably the cause of the problem you described. The board is probably repairable; what numbers are on the transformer?

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks so much for the information, PlainBill.

The numbers on the inverter transformer are a bit hard to read. I think it says:
      730-703-1700TLAH<B>
      EEL19-AD1700 HL 0604

I'll attach a picture of the numbers just in case.

I think it is so great that it could be repairable. I'm willing to try. I've never soldered before, however, it sounds like a great learning experience. Thanks for the help!
      Attached Files

Comment

It sounds like you have 2 seconds to black. A bad inverter transformer is certainly one of the causes. If you are new, have a read through posts #19 and #20

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

You can also test the inverter transformer if you have a multimeter to see if anything damaged.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Not much luck finding a transformer for that inverter. The power board is available on eBay at an unreasonable (IMHO) price.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
          X