A Poor Student Needs Help - NEC L70S No Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Poor Student Needs Help - NEC L70S No Backlight

This LCD monitor was given to me by my instructor coz' it's lying around in in their attic and was an old model. Since I have no monitor (CMV CT-934D defective main supply regulator) I was very happy to have it but the only problem was when I turned on the power the backlight flash momentarily then black out but the power LED stayed on(green). When I shone flashlight in the screen I could see the icons which means the display is fine and the backlight is defective. Anyone could help me please.

Re: A Poor Student Needs Help - NEC L70S No Backlight

Originally posted by apostar View Post
    Anyone could help me please.
    Sounds like 2 second to black. See posts #19 and 20 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

2 seconds to black can be (in no particular order)

a) bad caps
    b) bad inverter transformer
    c) bad ccfls
    d) bad ccfl wiring (especially the return wire)
    Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-04-2012, 01:48 AM.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will read and follow the instruction in troubleshooting this monitor. Do you have any schematic diagram on CMV CT-934D monitor coz' the PSU components were burned...Here's the attachments...I got the pictures here in this site since it's very similar to the PSU board. And since I have no hd camera to take the pictures.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by apostar; 01-04-2012, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by apostar View Post
        Thanks a lot. I will read and follow the instruction in troubleshooting this monitor. Do you have any schematic diagram on CMV CT-934D monitor coz' the PSU components were burned...Here's the attachments...I got the pictures here in this site since it's very similar to the PSU board. And since I have no hd camera to take the pictures.
        Pictures of a similar supply really do not help. Would you turn in a paper written by one of your classmates because 'it was similar to one you would have written'? Even an identical power supply would not have the problem that yours has.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
          Would you turn in a paper written by one of your classmates because 'it was similar to one you would have written'?
          It is especially bad if the teacher catches you using HIS photos.

You don't need a HD camera. I shot those photos of MY board using a Canon A80 (8 year old camera).
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
            It is especially bad if the teacher catches you using HIS photos.

You don't need a HD camera. I shot those photos of MY board using a Canon A80 (8 year old camera).
            My current camera is a 4 Megapixel Olympus D-580. And that is more camera than is necessary - I have to reduce the pictures before uploading. They are now available (used) on eBay for as little as $19 with free shipping.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
            X