LG 50LN5600 Light Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50LN5600 Light Spots

I have an LG 50LN5600 television that had the two seconds to black issue. The problem was that one of the LED backlight strips shorted. I replaced the offending backlight strip with a used one from ebay. However, I now notice that there appears to be 3 light spots on the screen which appear in the area where I made the replacement. I have attached a photo where it can be clearly seen. The issue is almost invisible when watching the TV. However whenever there is a solid color being displayed (like when first turned on with no source), I can notice these "light spots" on the screen.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I am actually seeing here. At first my thoughts were that it was burn in from previous use, but that does not seem to be the case as I have run the TV for hours with constantly shifting pixels. My other thought that was perhaps the intensity of the replaced LED strips are not matching the rest of the panel which creates the light spot effect. I was also wondering if it may be a light leak from when I reassembled the entire display.

I really do not want to risk opening up this whole panel again if I don't have to. I get nervous with those tab connections when I have to pull of the screen and set it aside. Does anyone here have any ideas as to what I am seeing here and possible ways to mitigate or fix the issue.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=o5q251&s=9#.Vlc1dLfnuCh

Re: LG 50LN5600 Light Spots

Posting pictures of the back of your tv showing the boards with clear pictures may help you more with fixing your problem

Comment

Working...
    X