SAMSUNG ue40d6510 TURNING OFF AFTER 15secs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG ue40d6510 TURNING OFF AFTER 15secs

Hi i have a samsung ue40d6510 which comes on fine but after 10-15secs turns itself off. It does not come straight back on unless turned on by the remote/on button. Ive checked the caps but none are bulging.
    Attached Files

Re: SAMSUNG ue40d6510 TURNING OFF AFTER 15secs

Unplug the mainboard.
    Plug in the tv, the backlights should come on and stay on.

Do they go off after 15 seconds?

Comment

i just had a thought. How would i turn on the Tv without the main board being plugged in

Comment

Just plug the TV in. The PSU has a pull up resistor. So when you unplug the main board, and plug the TV in, the backlight comes on and stays on until you unplug the TV.

Comment

I've tried this but if the main board is unplugged the tv can't be turned on as the power button is connected to it. It does nothing without the main board being plugged in No backlights

Comment

Ive unplugged the Tv whilst turnt on and the Tv goes off

Comment

Originally posted by andrews7523 View Post
              Ive unplugged the Tv whilst turnt on and the Tv goes off
              It won't stay on if you unplug it!

Re read my other post again. A PSU with a pull up resistor doesn't need the main board with the power button to turn on the backlight.

Comment

OK, the power supply/LED driver board has built-in pull-up resistors to allow you to do the self test of the power supply and the LED driver circuit without the need of the main board. So unplug the TV from the outlet, then unhook the cable between the power supply and the main board, plug the TV AC plug into the outlet, then you should see the backlights come on and stay on as long as the TV is plugged into the AC outlet (the main board is not active at this point).
                If the backlights stay on then you know the power supply, LED driver, and the Backlights LEDs are OK, if not then you need to do more troubleshooting of the power supply circuits, LED driver circuits, and testing of the LEDs.
                Last edited by budm; 11-25-2015, 07:01 PM.
                Never stop learning
                Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Right I've plugged the Tv in with the cable to the main board loose so theres a connection to get the Tv turned on. Tv comes on but if i remove the cable to the main board tv goes off straight away. Does this mean the main boards at fault?

Comment

Read budm post 8 again? remove the plug to main board from power supply ,plug back into wall socket and turn on wall socket. the back light should come on together with all the supply voltages as well.

Comment

I give up

Comment

un-plug main board ............ plug tv in and it does a self test and the backlights will come on like magic see if they stay on
                        its a self test ciruit built into the power supply just un-plug main board nothing else then plug into mains supply simple

Comment

Right gonna give this one last try.

Main Board = the one with the HDMI inputs etc.

Power supply = the one with that connects to the plug.

The power supply and mainboard have a wire connecting both together.

Remove the wire (or just take out one end so they are no longer connected.)

Comment

Unplug this wire here:

Comment

Right guys sorry for the blonde moment. Tried this and no Backlights come on. What should i try check next, caps, diodes, resistors. Also maybe worth a mention that the Tv clicks when coming on and turning off but I've never come across this before.

Comment

I dont understand what voltages should be going where, sorry I'm only a Beginner
                                Attached Files

Comment

what you are saying doest make sense,

if the tv turns on for 15 seconds, then with the mainboard unplgged the backlight should at least appear for 15 seconds...

once the mainboard is disconnected from the power supply you need to plug back in the tv to the AC socket.

Comment

Comment

Nothing happens, no backlights, no clicking, nothing...

Comment

do you have a multimeter (DMM) we will need to know some voltages

Comment

Working...
                                        X