Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-L32Q-10A screen flashes on and off - sound ok

Hello

I have an Insignia NS-L32Q-10A. When it is powered up, the standby LED changes from RED to BLUE. The screen flashes on and off after once second. The audio works with no issues. In reading previous posts, I took readings across the startup cap with the following results:

TV in standby - 85V
    TV powered on-330V.
    This is a 120uF/450V Cap. According to previous posts, it seems that these readings may be low as they typically seem to be 165V/400V. Is the CAP bad or being loaded down? Also, there is a 6 PIN connector on the PS to the inverter board that reads no voltages on any pins. There are also no outputs printed on the circuit board. Should there be voltages present? Any suggestions where I should be looking?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: Insignia NS-L32Q-10A screen flashes on and off - sound ok

To measure the capacitor, did you use DC volts, and have red probe on one end, and black probe on the other...?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom, good catch. I was using negative common ground to the chassis. Dumb mistake. I re-measured correctly and voltages are correct...165V/390V respectively...so...any suggestions what the problem might be? I did see on a Philips set where a cracked bulb might cause this problem. I did disconnect the connectors one at a time from the inverter to the bulbs with no difference...

Any suggestions?

Comment

One trick with sets with possibly bad bulb/inverters is to take a fluroscent bulb and place it along the output connectors.

If the bulb does not glow over one of the connectors, the transformer or that part of the inverter could be bad, or the bulb inside the panel could be bad.

You can also try using old CFL (energy saving lamp): https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19987
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom

Do I need to attach a CFL across each output of the inverter or can I do one at a time?.. I wasnt quite sure even looking at the previous thread if that is what I needed to do...

Comment

Working...
          X