Soniq E40W13C AU backlight led voltages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soniq E40W13C AU backlight led voltages

Just started looking at this unit stuck in standby. All connector voltages to main board (12v 5v) are OK except for on/off and Adj which have 0.2 v and 0.6v. But on led leads reading left to right I have 0v 26v then 26v 86v and no idea if this is OK or not. The 5v and 12v test points near rhs regulator read correctly. Looks like main board problem as no backlights and the ir signals are working but without any reaction. Will try jumpering backlights but meanwhile just wondering what voltages I should be seeing?
    Attached Files

Re: Soniq E40W13C AU backlight led voltages

Do any of the electrolytic capacitors alongside the led outputs give you a hint as to expected value. I would think the 86V is the non boosted voltage since the On/Off signal is low.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Hi dick_barton yes the stuck in startup is phrase I should have used as it appears to have reached the turn on backlights stage but stalled there and no reaction to any input. I have another of these same size slightly different model which has the dreaded all-in-one board. The LEDs on that one come on and dim but it has only one two wire connector running 66v so I thought this one with two connectors may have two separate strings and thus both read the same but must just be a different way of running the leds . There are 100v caps below connectors. My thought now is with eeprom as this brand does seem to get a number of firmware problems.

Comment

To add to the above forced backlight on and voltages as above then reading 0, 77, 77, 154. No caps to that high a value. Set still stuck and no response.

Comment

being a soniq, i would think eeprom first, but you could get lucky with an ldo or cap.
          WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

With backlights forced on and that 4 pin connector pulled from main board I managed to get a reaction on screen by turning off/on at power point quickly a number of times. From research then entered by set buttons Menu, CH+, Source, Vol- , the latter 3 times. Was then able to get menu etc so called up Source and while that displayed entered 200912 from remote to go into service mode and do a factory reset and then a USB firmware update. (http:ftp.quantius.com.au/firmware). This resulted in being able to tune in channels and operate set normally BUT switch off and on once OK then back to no start again. Scratch head tear hair curse a bit and back to the drawing board!!!

Comment

Come back to this set after being distracted by a few others. Can after many attempts get the set to turn on by switching on/off at pp a number of times. When it comes on all seems normal although a couple of times screen was just scrambled colours. Last time it came on properly again I did factory reset in service menu and fed in again the proper firmware. No improvement in starting and when I did getvit to go again the soniq flash screen came up as usual followed by the scrambled screen! Also in last few dtv retune attempts even though correct country/state on menu selection have not been able to get any sign of a channel tuning in. Regulator near tuner reads 0v 3.31v 5.18v so is that first reading off?.

Comment

i feel like i may of missed something, but do you have your command voltages and if you do, do you have your secondary voltages?

and is pfc ok in that case?

Comment

Yes its a bit strange as when turned on at pp the standby light comes up and remains steady but PSU is also turned on with all voltages but the backlight on seems to be missing until such time as switching on/off at pp suddenly results in normal operation. Control buttons voltage change is evident but nothing happens except it may turn set off once in a blue moon. I still think eeprom ic has had it as backlights work normally now along with all else (except tuning) when it is on. Have ordered new blank eeproms which will take a few weeks to arrive but meantime looking for input re tuning problem.

Comment

is ps/on active with the power button? if not, i would still think eeprom.

Comment

With these sets generally I am not at all sure of the sequence in that normally standby is just that but in this case PSU is putting out audio and backlight (no load) voltages at switch on which means I suspect that eeprom is stalling in sequence instructions hence no start. General reference to these sets contain the word "shit" !!! They have MSD series main boards of limited circuitry. I think it is stalled between pson and blon.

Comment

i look forward to seeing how the eeprom replacement goes. it could be many other things too. could be bga issue. if you get bored, you could start probing the bl/on signal backwards from the harness and see if there is a component fault after the main processor.

Comment

+1. Having trouble getting motivated ! Have LG plasma with bad y and z plus a Panny plasma bad main, another Soniq all in one main possible eeprom, a Thorn same problem as Soniiqs also a Medion another MSD board, and a Bauhn panel problem, then a GVA which requires 30mins notice to start!!!

Comment

lmao, would you like to swap projects? :P

Comment

An opportunity came along when a fellow in another state had same model with smashed screen for sale. He kindly took up my offer to just pull boards out and send to me. Fitting the main board brought the set to life and after a few days running I sold it ($80 cost me $50 + time) only to have it come back 2 months later stuck in standby again !!! Sometimes you just can't win. I should do "an Elvis" on it and shoot the screen, however it looks like adj regulator problem as it reads in volts L to R 0.24 1.28 and 5.17. Will get a replacement and report again. For my customer I gave him another Soniq (rebadged LG plasma) which a lady gave me supposedly not starting but I found ac cord not fitted properly and within minutes going well. Karma???

Comment

Recalled that I had a regulator left over from another job so managed to find and fit it. All good again. For those reading this the adjustable regulator middle leg should read 1.25v above first leg voltage and a small difference in that rule can mean replacement required. This is well covered in this forum in another post with thanks to budm.

Comment

from memory these fail regularly on this model. i have done a couple.

probably a good idea to list the component position to help others along in the future.

Comment

Yes that's a good idea there are 3 on the main board going left to right a 3.3 then the adjustable then another 3.3

Comment

I'm just looking at a Soniq 32E32W13D-AU tonight with exactly the same symptoms. I just measured the middle voltage regulator on the main board and it measures 0.54VDC between pins 1 and 2 - looks like I might have the same faulty adjustable regulator that you found.

If I can find a replacement in my parts bin I'll let you know if I've solved my problem TV also.

For those playing along at home - the part number is: BM1117-ADJ on my main board
                                      Last edited by tiny68; 12-08-2017, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Yep, that was my problem - replaced the BM1117-ADJ on the main board and up and running now.

Many Thanks for your post.

Comment

Working...
                                        X