DFI PS35-BL Motherboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFI PS35-BL Motherboards

I have repaired three of these PS35-BL motherboards that were used in GlobalVR's Need for Speed arcade games.

One was having trouble turning on. Would pulse the fans, that was it. Replaced all of the caps and it's happy.

One was working, but everything ran REALLY slowly when it was stressed (3D graphics, full screen video). Recapping it fixed what ailed it.

The last, and most bizarre... Astoundingly worked PERFECTLY. However, upon inspection, I found a badly burned ATX connector and header...

The pins that are burnt are the 3.3v supply. As logic would indicate, the caps were badly swollen on the motherboard. However, I found that there were some very bad caps on the video card as well. Video card was a PNY GeForce 4 Ti4200-8X.

Replaced these two caps (this picture shows a temporary used replacement fan, and this was before I hit it with some compressed air, my apologies.) Prior to replacement, these particular caps were severely failing ESR test, and were obviously swollen. From what I've read, it seems that these video card caps and the bad caps on the motherboard were contributing to higher load/resistance on the 3.3v lines causing the heat issue at the ATX header.

Here's the re-capped motherboard.

I also replaced the power supply and the ATX header on the motherboard on this last one.

And the games live to play again. Two up and running, and one that I stole all of the parts out of as spares.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 04-04-2017, 10:45 PM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded

Re: DFI PS35-BL Motherboards

Hello EagleTG

I have a Global VR Madden Season One stand up arcade game that won't even boot. Mine is the DFI Intel Pentium 4 DFI-PS35-BL-MAD. All the fans are running wide open and the VGA monitor says no signal. It came this way.

I put a new power supply in it and then it had a siren that went off from low to high over and over and it still wouldn't boot. I took out the battery for more than 15 seconds, waited, put it back in and turned it on. Now the siren is gone but it still wont boot. I have tried hitting delete as well as F1 on start up and it does nothing.

I forgot to mention that I also re-seated everything.

I'm pretty sure I have a dead motherboard or a hard drive issue. Does anyone repair these computers, or have any idea what is wrong with it and how I can fix it myself?

Any help would be appreciated. Would you try to repair my motherboard? Could I pay you to do it?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Upload a photo of your board, maybe it's something obvious.

Comment

I really looking for someone that can re-cap the motherboard for me. Who out there can I ship this to to go through it?

Steve

Comment

I am aware that the siren is a CPU overheat or fan failure. What does that mean? AS I said before when I turn the machine on the fan and all fans are going wide open. The fan is working on the CPU. What do I do next?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Moerke View Post
            I really looking for someone that can re-cap the motherboard for me. Who out there can I ship this to to go through it?

Steve
            https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=repair_details
            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

I am aware that the siren is a CPU overheat or fan failure. What does that mean? AS I said before when I turn the machine on the fan and all fans are going wide open. The fan is working on the CPU. What do I do next?
              Connect a different 3 pin fan, maybe the tachometer of your fan isn't working properly.

Comment

Steve
                I received your repair request. I'll get back to you tomorrow, I've been out of the office.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Hi Steve I have just joined this forum after seeing your recent post, i have purchased a NFS Carbon full size gaming machine that was faulty,It has a ps35-bl m/board, I was informed that the video card was faulty upon investigation i found the motherboard would not boot. I tested the ram/passed,video card/ passed, power supply faulty swollen caps fan in pws not spinning, changed pws power to m/board but still no boot.
                  I removed the cpu and placed a 478 test card to the socket and it indicates a faulty m/board, i hope this info may be helpful to you, new motherboards are available on alibaba $185 AUD last time i checked cheers Rob.

Comment

Working...
                  X