Random Vertical Lines on Samsung LCD TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Random Vertical Lines on Samsung LCD TV

It looks like the same one I fixed last week, I thought it was the tab bonding also, but it turns out to be T-C0N after all.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ng+LN32B540P8D

http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/y...20LN32B540P8D/
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

IF it's not the T-CON then try using a hair dryer and heat the tab bonds, then you may get results when pushing on them. check out my latest tab bond repair at this link.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25709

Comment

Hey guys,

I registered for this forum just to post to this thread.

I too have the same problem with the vertical lines.

My TV is a Samsung LN40A750 purchased back in 2008 when it was brand new. I'm really bummed out because it is of course out of warranty, but only 5 years old and basically garbage after this recent problem. The pictures don't do the extent of the problem justice, it's getting worse.

I am no stranger to DIY electronics work so I am gathering that what needs to be done is a T-Con replacement... Has anyone had any success with this particular series of samsung? I ordered a new T-Con off eBay for 40 bucks. Have already taken it apart and cleaned out the ribbon connectors from the Tcon. Easy stuff, considering I usually work on smaller boards. Put it back together though and no change...

Sidenote: Samsung TVs are great... when they work. This will be it's 3rd repair and my first out of pocket. I initially had to get the bezel replaced after it had a separation issue with the red coloring, and a couple years ago had to get some bad caps replaced due to the cap plague. Samsung footed the bill for both.

TL;DR - Vertical Line issue on a 5 year old Samsung LN40A750. Looking for success stories/suggestions.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a similar problem with my 4-year old Samsung LCD... I am going to post up pictures and description most likely in a new thread but I wanted to get my first post completed..

And I wanted to bump for the last post above^ Now sure if his new T-Con worked or not!?
          I am a mechanical guy (engineer) but have done some minor electronic work and would rather do some troubleshooting with this forum before I pay for a repairman to diagnose the problem and find out that it's as much as a new TV.

Comment

Bought a tcon board for my ln46b650t1f samsung going to install today wish me luck.

Comment

T-Con didn't work out for me. Then oddly enough the TV seemed fine after reinstalling the old board back in. Was good for 2 weeks then the capacitors went bad on me again. This would mark the second time I had a cap problem in this TV. Had the clicking, not turning on symptom. Samsung installed new caps once again. Then the TV was good to go again... for a week. Now I'm back to square one with the vertical lines and no real solution.

I am so fed up with this TV I'm about to part it out. May be the last Samsung product I buy.

Anyone else has any solutions I am all ears...

Comment

Just want to report another successful repair of a Samsung set with a tab bonding problem.

My Samsung LN40A650A1F (LN40A650A1FXZA) 40" LCD TV was a hand me down from my father in law because it had developed some screen problems.

When I initially received it, the TV had multiple images, expanded vertically upon startup, which then dissipated after 5-10 minutes of warm up. We lived with it like that for 6 months. However the problem became worse with left half screen dimming and some number of thin colored vertical bands running down the left side of the screen. This new problem would appear after the set had been on a few minutes, and in the early stages went away after 30 or so minutes. We tried just leaving the set on 24x7, but eventually the second problem just stopped going away.

Following the a suggestion in some other threads here on badcaps.net, I purchased some heat conductive compressible foam on eBay (Thermagon T-Flex 6100 highly Compressible Gap Filling Interface Pad 47mm x 66mm) for $3.74 including s/h. I opened the TV and removed the metal frame on the LCD panel. While running the TV for at most 1 minute at a time to avoid overheating damage, I found that pressing down on the left most (as viewed when looking at the TV in the normal orientation) tab bonded flexible circuit, between the in-line driver IC and the glass panel edge, cleared the picture up for the most part. It seemed like the right most tab bond also had some effect on the picture. The 14 flexible circuit tab bonds in between had no effect on the picture when pressed on in various ways, so they seemed very solid. I cut two roughly 8 mm strips across the short edge of the Thermagon pad (so roughly 8mm x 47mm), peeled the backing off both sides, and applied them on top of the flexible circuits at both ends, aligning with the edge of the glass. In this position they partially overlapped the position of the inline integrated circuit, however I do not think the placement of the pads was particularly critical. I replaced the metal frame and tested the LCD panel and it had a perfect image again, which remained without any problem after I finished reassembling the TV.

A couple of minor notes.
                1) I did "break and remake" the contacts on the cable from the main control board to the TCON board on both ends, and also on both ends of each of the four short ribbon cables from the TCON board to the signal distribution board. It had absolutely no effect on the LCD image when I powered it back on.

2) The metal frame on my LCD panel was attached to the LCD by the 10 smaller silver screws from the front (image side), and also by three screws (M4-0.70 x 12mm) black machine screws that attached it to some other metal frame parts at the bottom. But there were 10 other screw holes on the sides for attaching the metal frame to the plastic LCD frame that did not have screws in them. I decided that adding these screws could only make the overall panel more rigid, and perhaps reduce flexing that might cause more problems, so I purchased the additional screws (M4-.70x12 oval head Phillips) at Lowe's and added them. There were no problems with clearance of the heads when reassembling the TV. This step was probably unnecessary, but I thought I would simply let folks know that you can do this without damage. Don't use longer screws, cause that could potentially cause problems.

So thanks again to BudM and others for providing this information. Saved this TV from the landfill.
                Last edited by johnbinsc; 08-25-2013, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem with my Samsung LCD panel a320ap20s4lv0.4.
                  Could this be fixed by cutting some kind of tracks on PCB that drives the LCD panel?
                  vgh even vgh odd signal from Shift Register
                  and directly connected to panel?
                  Thanks for all the help in advance.
                  panel: LTI320AP01
                  panel PCB a320ap20s4lv0.4
                  main board: 090-6M1814-03

Last edited by ridaKHI; 03-28-2021, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X