Hanns_G HG281D with flashing/blinking screen problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hanns_G HG281D with flashing/blinking screen problems

Well guys Im back. I decided to call Hanns-G and they are going to honor the warranty on parts and labor even though I have opened the case and fiddled around. I was amazed by thier willingness to help me when I explained that I thought it was not under warranty anymore and I was wondering wahat parts would cost they took my info and decided to honor the warranty which was actually 3 years not 2 as I thought.. So I am going ot send it back and get it fixed as I have way to many other alternative energy projects going on to make time for this. I wil however, be sure to post back and let you know what they came up with as far as what was wrong. btw I told them that i had opened it and that I had worked in a tv shop when I was young and was going to fix it so they wrote the rma up as me having been a tech. so warranty not voided for opening the case. A trick some one might want to remember in the future. All in all I they were anxoius to keep me as a customer in the future and I was surprised at the courtisy. If I get it fixed and all I pay is shipping I will defenately recommend them to other in the future. I like corps. that care about customer satisfaction. Thanks for all the help from what I can see you guys are busy with a crud load of others with bad viewsonics. You guys are the best.

Comment

Re: Hanns_G HG281D with flashing/blinking screen problems

I'm sorry to bump this old thread. I have the same exact problems as Barq posted, same monitor. However my monitor is past it's warranty phase. I was wondering if any moderator could send a message to Barq asking if he knows what they fixed.

I did have the monitor apart and inspected all the caps, they are in good condition and I suspect they are dry caps. I need to run some voltage tests on them as soon as I can I'll try to get the info here, again I'm sorry that I bumped this old thread instead of starting my own, as the symptoms matched exactly my own I figured it would be a good to continue the discussion in this thread. I will try and get all the info and pictures in the coming days up in this thread, if that's an issue I'll start a new one.

Comment

Working...
      X