Pure Evoke 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pure Evoke 3

I have a dead Pure Evoke 3 DAB radio. There are voltages on main PCB but I have no manual and have searched the internet but cannot find any information at all about receiver. Suggestions would be good apart from return to repair centre.

Re: Pure Evoke 3

foto's would help,
    some DAB radio's are known to have shitty caps in them.

Comment

Sorted out the problem which I believe may be a common to the Evoke3.
      There is a metal heatsink on left side of chassis, and beneath is a wire link from a transistor collector to a surface mount diode.The connection to the diode was dry jointed, resoldered and it all works fine, a lovely radio.

Comment

Originally posted by maxwell2121 View Post
        Sorted out the problem which I believe may be a common to the Evoke3.
        There is a metal heatsink on left side of chassis, and beneath is a wire link from a transistor collector to a surface mount diode.The connection to the diode was dry jointed, resoldered and it all works fine, a lovely radio.
        Hello All. Im new to this forum and have joined to seek help in repairing the main board on a Pure Evoke 3 dab radio. The radio is completely dead, however there is a very quiet sound which comes from the speakers if the 12vsupply lead is pulled out whilst volume is turned to full. The sound is like a distant firework exploding, ie a very low power boom. I suspect the issue is to do with the main board and hence I thought Id join this forum and discuss it with you guys. If you need any photos, please just ask I will be happy to provide all thats needed. PS, ive been around all the soldered joints and reflowed them.

Looking forward to chatting with someone about this please.

Kind regards
        Deggsy

Comment

follow maxwell's description - i dont think anybody else has worked on them here.
          to be blunt, dab was invented by the bbc to get rid of pirates.
          it worked - nobody i know has any interest in dab radio's because they wont recieve the channels people actually want!!
          analog forever! (in FM with a stereo carrier and RDS )

Comment

Notwithstanding the trifling response below (waste of electrons sir), are there are meaningful responses likely to come out of this forum? Sorry but responses for the sake of response press my 'irritate me' button. There is nothing in the world which cannot be repaired without the right mindset

Regards deggsy

Comment

well upload some foto's

Comment

I have a dead Pure Evoke-3 as well and would appreciate some help from someone who has managed a cure themselves, although it may not be from the same cause!
                Regards
                DougN

Comment

Working...
                X