Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3

Hi Does anyone have a service manual for this board or could help me identify the value of the component in the foto?
    Attached Files

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3

Some inductor,judging by the "L" in the component name. You can simply desolder it and bridge the connection altogether.
    Main rig:
    Gigabyte B75M-D3H
    Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
    FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
    120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
    Delux MG760 case

Comment

Thanks Dan81, isn't that risky burning something else? if this component can be bridged then why the board has it?

Comment

It is a coil, is a supply line IC ethernet.
        ic ethernet in the other connector, you have another exactly like coil, measures the resistance of the coil, and whatever the hell you, you put the same on the other ic.
        But I fear that if burned, probably the ethernet ic is shorted, surely it will be burned by lightning..
        But nothing happens, this motherboard has two ethernet connectors, whether the other port still work.
        Last edited by kevin!; 07-10-2016, 10:39 AM.
        Gaming pc:
        nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
        Workshop PC:
        Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
        Server:

Comment

Originally posted by kevin! View Post
          It is a coil, is a supply line IC ethernet.
          ic ethernet in the other connector, you have another exactly like coil, measures the resistance of the coil, and whatever the hell you, you put the same on the other ic.
          But I fear that if burned, probably the ethernet ic is shorted, surely it will be burned by lightning..
          But nothing happens, this motherboard has two ethernet connectors, whether the other port still work.
          Hi kevin! thanks for the reply! What do you mean with "whatever the hell you, you put the same on the other ic" . replace the inductor with the same value of the other ethernet port? can you point this inductor on to foto i have post? if you have a schematic i will appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by johnis82 View Post
            Hi kevin! thanks for the reply! What do you mean with "whatever the hell you, you put the same on the other ic" . replace the inductor with the same value of the other ethernet port? can you point this inductor on to foto i have post? if you have a schematic i will appreciate that
            Right above your top PCI-E slot there is a similar circuit for your other Ethernet port, The chip is labeled RTL811IC (some generic Realtek Ethernet chip) same as the one on the circuit you are trying to repair, measure the resistance across the unburnt coil in that circuit to find the value of the coil you want to replace. The coil is labeled LL2 you want to replace LL1. Hope this helps.
            Last edited by mortino; 09-14-2016, 06:08 AM. Reason: Replaced accident ! with the intended 1

Comment

Working...
            X