samsung le32r87bd loses backlight after 3 secs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung le32r87bd loses backlight after 3 secs

hi tom with my meter set to 220ohhms and ned to the cap and pos to the stated led,i get no reading?

Comment

No that's fine, was just hoping that it would be that simple. You will need to test the other nearby capacitors around it (the beige things are capacitors) until you find the one attached to pin 15. One of them will be.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

only reading i can find is from this cap to the leg stated,although the reading is breif,might be my shakey hands!
        Attached Files

Comment

Can you try macro mode with flash then? Could also try putting a wire from pin 15 to ground to disable the timer, if you think you can do that.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ill give it a try in the morning,thanks for all your help

Comment

Thanks for great article, would like to know when you say one can disable the protection by a solder jointits bewteen which pin and WHERE please. thanks Haydon

Comment

Follow up question. I have the exact same inverter board, with same problems. The capacitor in question is the one right opposite pin #15. When I ground pin #15 and power up the TV, the inverter comes on and stays on as long as that pin is grounded.

Here is my question. all bulbs are working fine, and my inverter transformers test similar to above (1.23 @ 20kohm). Is there a fault in the protection circuit?

Comment

Hi fairly new to this game....

I have a samsung LE32R87BD whcih appears to of had two problems the usual slow to come on and finally not even come on which as been resolved by the replacement of the electrolytic caps on the cold sides on the PSU board (BN44-00156A)

I have a TV that now comes on and shows me a great picture for 1-2 seconds then the back-light goes off. I can still see the image by shining a bright light on the panel. The audio is working beautifully.

I have followed the details on this thread through and I am now stuck with no further options....
                  • The Inverter fuse is fine.
                  • Outputs on all transformers on inverter board ~1.2M ohm therefore fine.
                  • Seems to have a good steady 24v going to the inverter board
                  • 3.6M Ohm between 0z9966sn pin 15 and c121 as per post #20
                  • Jumpered pin 15 & 16 and the back-light didn't come on at all not even for the 1-2 second flash as per prior to earthing pin 15

I have therefore undone pin 15 to ground and the flash on for 1-2 secs has returned.

This is now doing my head in

I really dont want to ditch this great Tv so any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Have now tried to reset the EEPROM on the main board with no further success as I have read that the EEPROM files can become corrupt when the capacitors deteriorate. Therefore I reset the EEPROM to try and rule this option.

This process made absolutely no difference to the back light flashing on for 2 seconds.

Can anybody suggest anything to check or try next?

Thanks

Comment

I have a Samsung 32" LE32R87BD but the problem I have is, one or 2 of the backlight bulbs under the inverter board are damaged, one bulb has snapped the top off. Is it possible to replace these ? how tricky is it to get at these ? (I am fine soldering small) and were can I buy the actual them from in the UK as I am struggling to find any information on the bulb itself for this particular model.

Comment

I am going to convert the CCFL lights to LED lights on a LE32R87BD. If anyone can help with an LED light kit that would be great

Comment

I have had some success with fixing this. After replacing all 6 caps with the green/blue stripe painted on and still no back light, I did the hair dryer thing. Looking at pic 3 of post #3 I held it over the two coils and on switching it on again it stayed on - so far so good.

Comment

Working...
                          X