Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Phillips Philips 150B power supply issue!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Phillips Philips 150B power supply issue!?

Hey Guys,

Newbie here not too sure if i even have the this post in the right section. Just posting in regards to my LCD monitor (Philips 150B) internal power supply. I'm pretty sure the Caps are dead. The power led blink every 6 seconds and use to take 4minutes to fire up.. Latest boot time was 45mins lol

Now what I'm wanting to know is. instead of replacing the caps (because im kinda cbf and don't have $$$) am i able to use an old PC PSU? if so could you guys give me a hand with the pin outs?

As i wont be needing the back light part of the standard PS because the LCD now resides on top of my old OHP to serve as my Ghetto Home Theater projector lol

Here's where I've got to so far:

Pics of standard PS

Help with what needs to go to BRI, P-ID and obviously what needs to go to ON/OFF? im pretty sure i know where the other pins go to lol

And the PSU which i have prepped kinda to use. Which is from a fairly new compaq desktop which i scrapped for parts. psu tested working.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers in advance

Richie

Re: Help with Phillips Philips 150B power supply issue!?

The connector in this pic goes to the mainboard right?

If so, connect up the GND, 12V and 3.3V lines to your ATX PSU and see if it works.

"ON/OFF" and "BRI" are inverter control signals (lamps on/off and brightness) coming from the mainboard. As you're not using the inverter part anyways, you should be able to just leave them disconnected. What P-ID is.. no idea
    Could you trace where it goes on the PSU board?

PS: A lot of people on here don't like externally hosted pics. Much less externally hosted pics posted inline.
    Personally, I don't mind as long as they're not on a known malware hoster like imageshack, but to not piss off some of the gurus on here, next time when you post something, click "go advanced" and then "Manage attachments" (below the post editor)
    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers Scenic for the reply.. I have already connected voltages and grounds.

P-ID goes to the same places that BRI and ON/OFF go so I'm guessing its for back light control also? Picture is of traces for BRI, ON/OFF and P-ID.

Am to try it as soon as i get home.

Thanks again and sorry about the externally hosted pictures.

Richie
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorted and working.. Thanks Scenic. ITS ALIVE!

Comment

Working...
        X