Dell WFP 2007 No image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell WFP 2007 No image

Retiredcaps is brilliant on the multimeter front. I am sure he can point you in the right direction.
    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

Originally posted by noisepc View Post
      I have uploaded more images at the top of this post, from the other side of the cards, please let me know if you need something specific.

Thanks man!
      We need a picture of your panel board. Follow this cable in red and take a picture of that board. It might be behind a metal shield. As I mentioned, it will a long board at the top of the lcd running the entire length of the monitor.

On this panel board might be a SMD fuse which might be marked F1. You will need a multimeter to see if it is good or bad. With power off and lcd unplugged, a good fuse should measure less than 1.0 ohms.

If you don't have a multimeter and don't ever plan to repair any more electronics in the future, then borrow one from a friend. If you want to buy one, I don't know your local market, so you probably want to get something off ebay that provides free shipping? This usually implies buying something from Chinese vendor as they seem to ship worldwide. What is your budget in USA dollars?

If you have a local electronics store that sells multimeters and they have a website, post the URL and I can take a look.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by retiredcaps; 04-23-2012, 10:22 PM.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Where is the fuse?
        Attached Files

Comment

bottom pic 4645 its the orange component om the bottom right of the multi coloured cable

Comment

Originally posted by Jasgriff View Post
            bottom pic 4645 its the orange component om the bottom right of the multi coloured cable
            That is one fuse - Think retiredcaps was meaning one at the other end of the lvds cable ie probably attached to the panel and probably behind a metal frame.

@ noisepc
            Unfortunately your pictures are too blurry for us to see the details. Did you look at them on screen to see what they look like?

Having said that in the pic attached I think the white item in the yellow box is a fuse - what I am saying about the quality of the pictures is that if it had been one of the items in the pink box we couldnt see it.

None of these boards are the one retired caps asked for see above.
            Attached Files
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

So you are saying that It should be more boards near the panel? Should I keep dissembling the case?

So far I have 4 boards, but as I'm not an expert, I don't how to named them. Please point me to the right one, and I'll take more pictures in detail.

Thanks!

Comment

We cant see the board but yes you need to go in further.
                Here is an interesting video - set similar to yours - will help with the part names
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh-7-6Yb0Oc
                He doesnt go in far enough but there is a board under the metal plate
                in the following picture taken from the video. This is the other end of the cable
                shown in the red box in retiredcaps picture.
                Attached Files
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

This one?
                  Regarding the YT video, that guy told me to contact you guys
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by noisepc; 04-24-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Hurrah! that's the one but the picture is no good - did you look at it since you posted it?
                    I can barely make out the main chip let alone a fuse that will be a few millimeters across.
                    Take pic in 3 sections overlapping - must be well lit and in focus so it can be enlarged.

Comment

Hope this works!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fuse F1 is on that tcon (2nd pic). You need a multimeter to see if it is good or bad.
                        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

This one I marked in yellow?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

My friend multitester is broken, therefore I'm gonna have to buy one. Any recommendations?

I've found this one? Does it do the job?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...12-digitos-_JM
                              Last edited by noisepc; 04-25-2012, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Thats looks ok I cannot work out how much it is though. Retiredcaps is great at finding good multimeters at good prices.

Comment

Originally posted by noisepc View Post
                                  I've found this one? Does it do the job?

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...12-digitos-_JM
                                  It will work, but if you can pay a little bit more, this one has some decent reviews at

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...baw-ut-33d-_JM

See

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/product...wn-and-review/
                                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Ok, guys, I bought the multimeter but I was only able to get UT33C not D. Now what should I do? If someone has time to guide thru this via chat would be great! my msn address is nicolaslorda@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!!!

Comment

I tested continuity on F1 but there is not continuity. Your thoughts?

Comment

I was able to collect some data with the multimeter:

LOGIC BOARD

C128= 22,9
                                        C148= 22,8
                                        C155= 22,8
                                        C57 = 22,8
                                        C35 = 22,8
                                        C19 = 22,8
                                        C81 = 22,8
                                        C89 = 22,8
                                        C98 = 22,8
                                        C96 = 22,8
                                        C144= 22,8

C58 = 17,6
                                        C24 = 17,6
                                        C61 = 17,5
                                        C34 = 17,5

C142 = 19,8

C153 = 03,2
                                        C152 = 03,2
                                        C158 = 03,2
                                        C64 = 03,2
                                        C90 = 03,2

MEMORY BOARD

C851 = 37,2
                                        C858 = 36,6
                                        C838 = 31,6
                                        C801 = 37,2
                                        C848 = 37,2

POWER BOARD

C713 = 06,2
                                        C711 = 06,2
                                        C712 = 06,1

C611 = 25,7
                                        C606 = 23

USB BOARD

C35 = 24,8
                                        C43 = 24,6
                                        C59 = 24,1
                                        C49 = 24,2
                                        C33 = 18,9
                                        C50 = 07,8

C60 = 02,2
                                        C44 = 02,9
                                        C4 = 02,2
                                        C8 = 02,2
                                        C5 = 02,2
                                        C9 = 02,2

And also able to test continuity from F1 Fuse. Please see the picture below
                                        Attached Files

Comment

1) Never use continuity to test a fuse, always use resistance. A good fuse should measure less than 1.0 ohms. Resistance is always tested with power off and device unplugged from the wall outlet.

2) Put your multimeter on 200 ohms.

3) Put your red probe on one side of F1. Put your black on the other side of F1.

4) If the multimeter is showing "1" on the left hand side on the screen (like it does when the probes aren't touching), that tells you that the fuse is greater than 200 ohms. This means the fuse is blown or bad.

Don't confuse "1" on the left hand side of this display with 1.0 on the right hand side. The first means out of range and the second means 1.0 unit of your measurement.
                                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                          X