Vestel service menu adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel service menu adjustment

Sorry, not been here for a while and probably not the right place for it but I am at a dead end with this and I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

The tv works fully as far as I am aware but I am unable to change many of the settings in the Service Menu via Menu - 4 7 2 5.

2 access codes work (4725 and 1461) which give access to the same service menu and 7935 to Hotel TV menu.

Technika 19" LCDDVD19-918 Vestel 17MB25_v33f

Re: Vestel service menu adjustment

Set must NOT be on DTV or you'll not access service-mode. Select any other input....
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Thanks, but the problem is not being able to get the service menu up but not being able to change settings. Very few are in bold indicating they can be altered, most are shaded out. Perhaps I am missing something simple.

Also I do not need to enter a password when accessing the service menu, perhaps this is the problem, not accessing it with the correct code that then requests a password?

Comment

What settings do you want to change--and importantly--Why?
        TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

This model has a USB and SD card slot but am unable to get movies to play, it just views photos and plays music.

I am aware that this model may not be abe to play video but there should be a menu accessible for adjustment just like LG etc...
          Last edited by notallbad; 03-31-2015, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Looks like this has everyone beat!

Comment

Decoding video requires additional processing power. The TV might not support that. In particular it requires a video decoding engine and more RAM on board.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by notallbad View Post
                  Looks like this has everyone beat!
                  Err--No, Not really--It ISNT Faulty! We deal with Faults rather than Hacks!

You are trying to make it do something its not made to do--Thats called a 'Hack'! It requires additional software and hardware facilities to stream/decode video from USB sticks that this set doesn't have....

How you would Modify (Hack) such a set to do that you would need to investigate. Best start I could think is to compare to the Closest Vestel that Does stream from USB...

--Then again--Its a bloody VESTEL heap of Vomit!--Why Bother!!
                  TELEFIX

Comment

Yeah, have to agree, these are complete crap to work on.

As I know other tv's can be modified in sevice mode to playback video I just thought it may be possible with this one but I'm not about to go all out over it afterall its only worth a few quid so not worth bothering with.

Samsung / LG much easier!

Comment

Hi guys im wondering if there is a way to rotate the screen in service menu ? accidently updated wrong firmware and now screen is upsode down.

Comment

Are you still able to update firmware? if so get the right one.

Comment

i done an update through USB. but now trying to revert back to original firmware V.0.4.7b

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyboy2007 View Post
                            i done an update through USB. but now trying to revert back to original firmware V.0.4.7b
                            I could be mistaken but i believe you have to go same version or newer can't go back unless you have a cheap usb ic programmer to directly flash the ic. you can find them on eBay for like 14 bucks.

Comment

ahh ok, i cant seem to find the firmware anywhere so will probably order new board.

Comment

Working...
                              X