lg 47LW450U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg 47LW450U

i have an lg 47LW450U lcd, ive replaced the main board after the old one was apparently damaged by a spark between the hdmi port and a laptop hdmi cable.

the new board is working but every 2 to 3 seconds the brightness of the screen changes, dimm bright dim bright continuosly. its only a slight change and either setting would be ok if it stayed on one. ive reset the picture and settings. its doing this on any input or with no input connected. its like either the backlight level is changing or the screen contrast or brightness setting is changing, i think it is the screen setting not backlight. i have a plug in power meter thats not showing any change in power drawn.

any idea what would cause this? thanks

Re: lg 47LW450U

ive noticed that there are some lines on the screen when its in the darker mode, so its looking like a panel problem or something similar.
    the panel is a lc470euf(sd)(f2) and the new board came from lc470euf(sd)(p1)
    would that be enough to cause compatibility issues?

Comment

Are you sure you got all of the cables seated correctly when you changed the main board?

Comment

i think they are but will double check. the funny thing is the change is in time not random, its exaclty 3 seconds dim, 3 seconds brighter. something is controlling it it seems, but what could cause it to do that.

Comment

Working...
        X